• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Organization

ghaleon

TRIBE Member
How do you organize your records? Do you at all? Do you sort by genre? year? Label? What sounds good together?

Personally, I have two crates. One is for 94 stuff, the other is 95/96. Everything is sorted by label.

technics1200

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Mine is by genre and label. If I have a ton of one artist though, I'll just do it by artist (ie. Calibre, D-Bridge, High Contrast, etc)

catilyst

TRIBE Member
For the most part by genre then label then artist. New records go in the "new crate" at first then eventually get filed away. Sometimes it gets out of hand though, and to fix it up is a pretty long task.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

T

TRIBE Member
i tried to organize my records by label. didnt work.

i have a few thousand, sorted mostly by genre. new dnb, old jungle, hardcore stuff, classic house, newer house, techno, hip hop and rock.

and i can find any record in seconds.

:D

ghaleon

TRIBE Member
T said:
and i can find any record in seconds.

:D
yea, I find that is key. I know my crates like the back of my hand pretty much. So, if I want to mix in a tune that I think would blend well, it takes me less time to find it.