• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Organ Donor?

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
Would you make the contribution? I carried a Organ Donor card in my wallet for quite some time and occassionly considered the mortality related issue but it just got me thinking about death. Then I realized there is a good chance they would not be interested in my goods since I'm diabetic.

matt

ninja

TRIBE Member
I have the same little card and my bodys going to science ,
what questions is it raising matt ( case sensitive) not dirtymatt, although feel welcome to contribute,
I like the idea that my organs my beable to help someone in need after I die.
the organ doner system is based on the fact that you die young though. say a fatal car accident or that odd dream where your falling but this time you dont wake up before you hit the bottom on the canyon. SO I'm thinking if I die young , sure take all you can, sell my feet on the black market, I get fresh ones in the next life anyways:p

peace
Mike

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
1) i love that DJ Shadow song.

2) i am donating all my organs (eyes included) if the docs will have 'em.
its kind of a freak occurence though. you need to be really healthy and sorta die instantaneously, like in a car accident as someone said previously.
i figure, i'm dead already. why take all my organs with me to rot in the ground if i could potentially help up to 10 people and their families. thats a fucking mitzvah and a half, my friends.

as you can tell, i'm not very romantic about the whole notion of death. to me, once you die, you're dead. theres no soul remaining that needs to be kept intact.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
booty bits, i wish i could see it as simply as you, but honestly--the whole concept of death scares the fuck out of me.

i do have an organ donor card though...i just try not to think about it.

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
i could potentially help up to 10 people and their families. thats a fucking mitzvah and a half, my friends.
It can be even more than that, I recall that some organs can help something ridiculous like 70 people out from just one donor

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
The world is a bit overpopulated-- why make it worse?

And how can anyone be scared of death? It might be fun... it might not be... the point being, nobody knows... that's not scary!

jus me

TRIBE Member
When I renewed my health card they asked me to check out the organ donor thing. So I did, and checked off stuff that I wouldn't mind donating if I died. Things that I didn't check off, included eyes and skin. I think.

Apparently I didn't bring enough ID for me. So my mom came up and brought the ones that they wanted. She was there while I checked off organs and was really worried. She started to ask questions like "But what if she's not totally dead!" The lady's response was "We only take out the organs after we MAKE SURE she's not dead". :rolleyes: Of course mom. She was mostly worried about how my body would look if they ended up taking the obvious physical components. "Don't let them take your eyes! What would you look like during the funeral then! Or your skin!"

Meh, so i didn't check them off to keep her sane.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I donated my Pancreas (which doesn't work) to the Torotno School of Business, they better put it to good use

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
I have 'the card' in my wallet.

I want my body donated to science and any healthy organs used to save a life or two if possible.

I figured its my final act of good apon kicking it into the afterlife.

Why not, I don't need any of it.

tella

TRIBE Member
i'm donating whichever organs they can take once i die. my mum is totally against the idea but i'm in the same school of thought as liz (ms. booty bits)...you're dead..you don't need them. i highly doubt that they'll be able to use anythign but my eyes tho.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
I don't find the unknown exciting... it's just unknown. Everything is, forsooth.

Knowledge is a strawman. Once you figure that out, nothing is scary.

tella

TRIBE Member
squirrely, are you afraid of not knowing how you're going to die or does death in general scare you?