1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ordering Contact Lenses Online

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by The Watcher, Oct 11, 2005.

1. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I know of 3 Reputable sites for ordering Contact Lenses online

www.clearlycontacts.ca
    www.visiondirect.com
    www.1800contacts.com

What really surprizes me is the price difference you get for ordering the same product.

The Canadian Site, clearlycontacts.ca quoted me 20$ per box more expensive than the american based webpage, after exchange.

So I order 2 boxes per eye of the Acuvue Advanced for Astigmatism (4 Boxes in total)

www.visiondirect.com ----- 146.21$US ----- 172.02$CDN
    www.1800contacts.com ----- 159.80$US ----- 188.05$CDN
    www.clearlycontacts.ca ----- 248.47$CDN

That's a 76$ difference!?! Wow, that's a HUGE difference... I'm glad I actually shop around instead of throwing 75$ out the window.

So, dont get ripped off people. If anyone has an even better/less expensive source, please share. Cuz really, who wants to pay more than you have to anyhow? I know I dont.

2. Metal Morphosis

Metal Morphosis TRIBE Member

has anyone had any recent experience with ordering contacts online?
    I see Nick did this about 3 years ago so am just curious to know if there are any tips / things to look out for?

I called my optometrist and they said 1 box per eye (6 lenses in each box) would come to $175.
    I checked 1800contacts and it quoted me for 2 boxes per eye at $130 USD with FREE shipping.
    seems like a no brainer to me but it almost seems to good to be true, is it?

3. s1k

s1k TRIBE Member

i've been doing it for a few years...all good no worries. Only caveat is they have like 15-30 days guarantee. So if you buy at 6 months worth, and on the 2nd month yo have a defect product, you can't get a refund.

But if you do the math, optometrist prices are still a jack and defect products are exceptions to the rule, unless you're buy a cheap brand.

4. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Haha suckas! Get yoself an SO that works for a contact lense company!

Best deal evar!!!!!!!!!!!

5. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I use visiondirect.

Has anyone claimed contacts ordered online through their benefits?

6. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Yep, just fill out the forms, along with the receipt, and you're good to go.

7. SuperMeaghan

SuperMeaghan TRIBE Member

how long does the delivery usually take?

8. TribeLurkerGrrl

TribeLurkerGrrl TRIBE Member

9. SuperMeaghan

SuperMeaghan TRIBE Member

thank you for posting that! ^

10. Metal Morphosis

no kidding, excellent timing Red Flag Deals!

11. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

booo wish you a family member Nick. $25 for a years supply. :p

12. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

5 to 10 days usually.

I'm still using VisionDirect, it's the best price I've ever found, I can't believe that report confirms my research!

13. bitchass

bitchass TRIBE Member

try www.coastalcontacts.com instead of their .ca site and then you can use ULTIMATE10OFF to get an additional 10% off the order. It worked out cheapest of all the sites for my last order this week. Coastal/Clearly .ca/.com all ship from the same place (Vancouver) and there won't be extra duties or taxes.

I've ordered from them many times (got the coupon code from RedFlagDeals) and I usually have them in my mail box the next day - and they put a free pair of cheap sunglasses in each order, too.

14. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

aww...damn 25 bones? no shit.

I can be Uncle Nicky!

15. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Hey Babe, let's adopt Nick! We can get bunkbeds and he can share Grace's room!

16. Metal Morphosis

do you end up paying for customs/duties on stuff that comes from the USA?

17. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

Nope never had to.