• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Orbital @ Opera House

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
I found out through the net.

They sold 300 tickets just at the door..

And as far as Detroit goes.. as of last week they had only sold 65 tickets.. but the venue ended up being full(ish).

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Wave

TRIBE Member
In regards to the questions of how people found out about this show:

Luck, Mainly.

Even the record stores around town had no promotions, let alone the lack of any flyer gauntlet people outside clubs & parties.

I've come to realize that this happens alot in Toronto when live acts come through. They are often promoted by 'rock band promoters' that don't understand that they are promoting to a different clientele. So the advertising consists of a little square block in the bar band sections of Eye & Now. I don't know if that is the case with the Orbital show, but it wouldn't surprise me.

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
once again nice pics. your camera even make ghetto queent st. east look nice!
biggrin.gif

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I found out through Now magazine like I told you, Clay...I read the concert listings every week. As well my friend wanted to go so she brought it up with me...but I don't know where she heard about it. I posted in the "general stuff" forum as soon as I heard about it.

Are Emerge a rock or electronic promotions company?

~jen

emerge2

To answer all the questions above here you go:

- Emerge is a live events company, we have produced and co-produced show with everyone from Orbital to Goldfinger to Chemical Bros. to Spiritualized

- The economics for a live show are very different from a "rave", so we can't afford to have 40,000 flyers and 10 flyer kids for every show. For Orbital we had limited flyers, "strip" ads for Eye and Now and some internet ads.

If you want to keep up with our shows sign up for our mailing list at www.emergelive.com.

girl friday

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJ Doublecross:
I had a good time, the tunes were all top-notch and the lightshow was better than I expected too. The song with the pacman animation in the background was really cool. I'm not a big fan of the heavy metal influenced tracks (Satan is a good track, but I can easily do without the 80's guitar solo), but there was only a couple anyway. I liked the encore (which was a good half hour) better than the main set though. Chimes, Dr. Who, etc... it was pumpin'!

I got kind of tired standing in the crowd, but I just hopped up on a makeshift ledge at the back of the dancefloor and had a nice seat where I could see over the tops of everyone's heads! Very nice (and comfortable).

Definitely worth the $25. Now when are the Chemical Brothers coming?

Rob
</font>

Yeah, exactly what he said, specially the parts about Dr.Who and the chemical brothers
smile.gif