• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Orbital appreciation thread

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
The list of shows/festivals has grown quite a bit. They're even coming to Belgium! That being said, I really find the idea of seeing them again a bit odd.

Also, new retrospective coming out (I heard June 8):
Orbital celebrate twenty years in the game

Orbital release a retrospective of their work this summer complete with new remixes of some of their biggest tracks.

Celebrating twenty years at the top of the dance music tree, Orbital 20 compiles stonewall classics such as Chime, Belfast, Funny Break and Satan.

Mixes come courtesy of Tom Middleton (Halcyon) and Herve (Lush), with live versions of Impact and Rewind.

Paul Hartnoll said: “This compilation is the most definitive summary of our work since ‘Chime’ came out in 1989 … it's a great introduction, or a reminder, of the story so far.”

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

SubMissioN

TRIBE Member
The whole Snivilization Album kicks ass and sums up what happened to the scene right around the change of a millennium. Thats what i call some wicked foreshadowing. I'd pay to be in the same room with those guys. Heres a Pun ""its Sad but True""

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rowla

TRIBE Member
i saw them live in osaka, japan last week. final act on the last day of the summer sonic music festival. wow, just wow is all i can say.

JCrack

TRIBE Member
Last time I saw them was at Cinespace back in 94 or 95 I think. Never forget those little headlights bouncing up and down. I would love to see them again

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
[YOUTUBE]5FiFLW-ziUE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]E5f5VoMB8qA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]9D1E6ENxUKU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]r2o8iFwTm2A[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Yu6eYXkzCeE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]LpMqQcHVM2w[/YOUTUBE]

futronic

TRIBE Member
Thanks Aimee! The mashup in that fifth clip kicks serious ass!

It would be awesome to see Phil and Paul again. Their last show at Opera House oh so many years ago was a lot of fun.

-- Jay aka Fut

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Hah, I thought nobody cared about this thread but me!

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/orbital-4/never[/SOUNDCLOUD]