• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Opinions on ordering from planetx?

AshG

I've been thinking about ordering from them, but due to the almost arrogant tone pervading their website and a subsequent email response equally derogatory in feel, I'm now very reluctant to deal with such a company.
Anyone ordered from them? Experiences?

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
I don't like using them for 2 reasons. First, there is a $100 minimum for orders from Canada. Second, the songs on their website aren't necessarily in stock. If you read their FAQ section they even refer to their website as a basically a database of records.

I have ordered once, (i ordered a hoodie to get my order over $100) and 3 of the 7 records i ordered came. The other 4 weren't in stock. The order arrived about 10 days after I ordered.

and you're right, they are slow to respond to emails.

Silverback

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AshG
I've been thinking about ordering from them, but due to the almost arrogant tone pervading their website and a subsequent email response equally derogatory in feel, I'm now very reluctant to deal with such a company.
Anyone ordered from them? Experiences?
I've ordered once and will never order again. The customer service rep is a bitch as you seem to have discovered. They wouldn't accept payment by VISA for my first purchase (being outside the US). I did some western union thing for the first time, then you can use visa from that point on). They tag on the shipping label the price you pay, so you will pay an arm and a leg for duty/brokerage. I've inquired about them marking it as promotional, but got a derogatory reply back saying they would not. Satellite and Groovetech both mark their shipments as promo. I've YET to pay duty/brokerage on any package from either of those two and I've ordered plenty.

<--- never again.