• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

OPIATES

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by emiwee:
Pharmacological characterization of morphine-6-sulfate and codeine-6-sulfate.
AU: Author
Zuckerman A; Bolan E; de Paulis T; Schmidt D; Spector S; Pasternak GW
</font>
Nothing much here... these are two endogenous opiates (that means they are found in the brain naturally and normally)... the first one is 30 times more potent than morphine... the second has too low of a seizure theshold to be useful...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Immunotoxicological screening of morphine and methadone in an extended 28 day study in rats.
van der Laan JW; Krajnc EI; Krajnc-Franken MA; van Loveren H
</font>
"Specific immunotoxicological effects were observed at doses where no effects were seen in routine toxicological evaluation, suggesting that the immune system is sensitive to opiates."

Sorry, nothing about neurotoxicitt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Functional neurotoxicity of drugs of abuse.
Pulvirenti L</font>

Basically bullshit... bad theory based in some wacked out crap... "this may represent a subtle mechanism through which drugs of abuse may induce behavioral toxicity even in the absence of nerve cell loss"...

Yeah, okay, buddy, whatever you say...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Methadone toxicity causing death in ten subjects starting on a methadone maintenance program.
Drummer OH Opeskin K; Syrjanen M; Cordner SM
</font>
Here, check what they REALLY died of...

"Complete toxicological analysis showed that six subjects had additional drugs present including two with alcohol, two with benzodiazepines and morphine, and one with benzodiazepines alone. Pathological examination revealed the presence of chronic persistent hepatitis in all subjects and bronchopneumonia in five."

to save you some reading... the basic idea of these articles is that opiates are neurotoxic... specifically affecting the immune system
I think that you need a remedial reading comprehension course... but thanks anyway...

Rosey

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PosTMOd:

I think that you need a remedial reading comprehension course... but thanks anyway...
</font>
now you're agreeing with me.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rosey:
now you're agreeing with me</font>
That's only because I did some top-notch A-1 empirical research on the subject, and thusly your conclusion--in my empirically based scientifically fantastical world-- was to be stridently agreed with.

TraNceAhoLic

TRIBE Member
in terms of drug addiction, any substance in which the user becomes dependant on to function (be it weed or crack) is harmful

that is a fact

drug use for recreation and drug use to function are two different things

when people replace a substance for general coping strategies, the result is always terrifying

psychologically speaking, the withdrawl from any drug in which the user used to "solve" problems with is difficult and often results in failure

but on a recreational level (where no mental addiction is established)

withdrawing from opiates, is not that harmful

safer then even alcohol or benzo withdrawl, which can be fatal

and opiates leave hardly any neurotoxic damage

unlike stimulants, and other more socially acceptable drugs

the thread was started as a joke in response to the crack thread

but has yielded an interesting conversation

very interesting to see all your opinions, each one with its own merits

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

TraNceAhoLic

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
You fucking asshole.

Most of the people on this board are dumb enough to try playing with these. For christ sakes what the fuck are you thinkiong listing a god damn shopping list for morons who know no better.

You didn't even have enough class to mention any of there addictive properties. Shit next time I see you I'm going to bitch slap you PUBLICLY!!!!!

</font>
I am dumb

I cant tell if this was a joke or not

if it is, ignore the proceding post

if it wasnt though, I feel I need to adress it

I was not advertising anything, just joking around

Its also funny that you think we all have less intelligence then you and would try any drug posted

did everyone who viewed trainspotting jack up smack?

anyone who does drugs without researching on their own, what the effects are, deserves what they get

there has to be some level of personal accountability

by not talking about drugs, will they go away?

NO. if anything ignoring such a huge social phenomena will result in more harm

and if you are threatening to smack me, in public, I dare you

Funny for someone so bent on moral values, you seem to throw around threats of violence quite casually

perhaps this thread ressurected past skeletons in your closet?

TraNceAhoLic

TRIBE Member
and u speak of a shopping list as if these are easy to get

oxycodone, morphine and hydrocodone are schedule 2 (us, not sure of canadain equivalant, b maybe?) , which means they are extremely regulated and only prescribed for very very severe pain

and even codeine, in any useful dose, is a schedule 3 (same with k)

as if you can go and buy these anywhere

someone would have to search hard for these and would, thus, have extensive knowledge on them

Tonedeff

TRIBE Member
nice to return to this thread in the wee small hours to find that PoSTMod has done my dirty work for me

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by subuser:

I had a bad experience with percocet once. I was taking them for days, and on the 4th day of my percocet binge, I kept having to remind myself to breathe. NOT FUN!!!
</font>
I missed this post the first time around, and it bears repeating because this is probably the most likey real danger that an inexperienced opiate user might encounter, and in all the back and forth it wasn't mentioned.

The majority of fatal opiate overdoses (when other drugs aren't involved) happen because of suppressed breathing...you might puke your guts out or itch like crazy but these aren't really serious. This is why an inexperienced user should NEVER use opiates on their own (again, something like %80 of fatal heroin overdoses occur when the user is alone), so if you feel yourself having difficulty breathing and nodding off, force yourself to breathe and stay awake and call for help...same goes for anyone with you, if you see them in trouble.

Tonedeff

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by deep:
josh, I still think you should shut up

</font>
drunken wishes have no bearing on my outward behaviour

unless you put on a skirt and some rouge of course

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

deep

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tonedeff:
unless you put on a skirt and some rouge of course
</font>
Would a halter top and eyeshadow suffice?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TraNceAhoLic

TRIBE Member
you are not allowed to post in a druken stupor in my opiate thread ![/b[

please go to your nearest pharmacy and inject dilaudid immediately