• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Opertunity To Make A Fortune.

TzarBen

TRIBE Member
HI THERE,
THERE IS AN OPERTUNITY FOR A PROMOTER TO MAKE A KILLING IN TORONTO AS I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT THERE IS NO ESTABLISHED JUNGLE / DRUM AND BASS / BREAK NIGHTS AVAILABLE ON A SATURDAY:O . THE ONLY NIGHTS ARE
HOUSEch33se AND CRAPPY R N' B:mad: . SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS FOR THEMES AND/OR VENUES FOR TO ESTABLISH A WEEKLY SATURDAY NIGHT PARTY. OR IF YOU ARE A DJ THAT MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN HAVING A WEEKLY SPOT. PUT POST HERE AND WE CAN SEE WHAT WE CAN DO:cool: .
AND IF ANYONE DOES KNOW OF A CLUB SPINNING JUNGLE /DRUM AND BASS/BREAKS ON A SATURDAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I AM STILL STUCK FOR SOMETHING TO DO ON MY BIRTHDAY THIS SATURDAY;) . IF THIS WAS LONDON I WOULD BE STREIGHT DOWN TO FABRIC:D .

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ghaleon

TRIBE Member
BBJ and I will go b2b every time, and everyone will start to boo as soon as BBJ steps up to the decks !!!!! :mad:

jocelyn dee

TRIBE Promoter
I definitely miss having a Sat. night dnb club night/regular party.

Loaded @ System Soundbar was good for a Sat. night dnb fix but since that ended (in January I think) there has been nothing regular happening to fill the void.

I think that part of the reason nothing is happening is the no other clubs are willing to take a chance with dnb. System did, which I think worked out pretty well for them judging by the crowds each Sat.-but then again System had been part of the underground dance music scene since it opened. It seems more and more clubs are sticking to house/top 40 :(

On a positive note, I think that the number of one-offs has been steadily increaseing since System closed. Too bad there's nothing for your birthday but I think there are a few things coming up such as Big Bud etc.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
I love the fact that you put cheese beside house:D

unless that's gold?

I love the fact that jungle parties are seldom on saturdays...makes it much more special when they do happen AHEMsebaAHEM

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
TzarBen said:
HI THERE,
THERE IS AN OPERTUNITY FOR A PROMOTER TO MAKE A KILLING IN TORONTO AS I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT THERE IS NO ESTABLISHED JUNGLE / DRUM AND BASS / BREAK NIGHTS AVAILABLE ON A SATURDAY:O . THE ONLY NIGHTS ARE
HOUSEch33se AND CRAPPY R N' B:mad: . SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS FOR THEMES AND/OR VENUES FOR TO ESTABLISH A WEEKLY SATURDAY NIGHT PARTY. OR IF YOU ARE A DJ THAT MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN HAVING A WEEKLY SPOT. PUT POST HERE AND WE CAN SEE WHAT WE CAN DO:cool: .
AND IF ANYONE DOES KNOW OF A CLUB SPINNING JUNGLE /DRUM AND BASS/BREAKS ON A SATURDAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I AM STILL STUCK FOR SOMETHING TO DO ON MY BIRTHDAY THIS SATURDAY;) . IF THIS WAS LONDON I WOULD BE STREIGHT DOWN TO FABRIC:D .

I'm going to spam this to addresses in Nigeria.

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
terrawrist III said:

unless that's gold?

I always thought it was a puddle of vomit.
I'll take one of them bookings too :D (but I'll only play drumfunk)

Last edited:

paetsr

TRIBE Member
terrawrist III said:

unless that's gold?

I love the fact that jungle parties are seldom on saturdays...makes it much more special when they do happen AHEMsebaAHEM

If it is in fact gold, maybe somebody tried to take a bite out of it, lost a tooth, got angry and took two shots at it with a pistol...

They do seem more special on the Saturdays for some reason eh... ?

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
A saturday is def needed. i wanna play too! some nice idm/dnb/downtempo ish to start off an evening. I am missing being on the decks sooooo much.

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
^^^ Mos def...and I'm glad to see that the peeps are finally coming out to events like these (after 6 years of playing the smooth stuff to empty rooms I was starting to give up). Zirca & Jocelyn D are running separate Friday monthlies in this vein - well worth checking :)

jocelyn dee

TRIBE Promoter
HI - My night is actually a weekly @ Sutra Lounge and Zirca's is a monthly at the College St. Bar - which are both right around College + Manning.

Zirca also filled in at my night last week for me while I was in Montreal.

My night is mainly dub/liquid funk/soulful dnb.

I have guests usually every week so anybody that is interested in playing that can play a set which would fit the above description should contact me. (If you've ever been to Sutra you'll know why mash up amens and wobble just won't work with the crowd/venue).

ghaleon

TRIBE Member
jocelyn dee said:
HI - My night is actually a weekly @ Sutra Lounge and Zirca's is a monthly at the College St. Bar - which are both right around College + Manning.

Zirca also filled in at my night last week for me while I was in Montreal.

My night is mainly dub/liquid funk/soulful dnb.

I have guests usually every week so anybody that is interested in playing that can play a set which would fit the above description should contact me. (If you've ever been to Sutra you'll know why mash up amens and wobble just won't work with the crowd/venue).

can I spin an oldschool intelligent/atmo dnb set? Like older LTJ Bukem stuff.

StreetDreams

TRIBE Member
If this oppertunity doesnt sound right to you I am also looking to start a new Hardcore Banjo Night in Toronto on Tuesday nights. There is just nowhere to go in the city to hear good Banjo on Tuesdays. Any players PM me if you wanna come down and play. BYOB