• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Opera Music remixezzz, Orchestratic music remixezzz..

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Can anyone out there help me come up with some track names that are basically orchestra, classical or opera music with a techno flavour (ala that opera track from the fifth element).

Any help would be appreceated.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by coleridge
Hybrid - Finished Symphony/Unfinished Symphony comes to mind right off the bat.
sweet... know where i can find it?

ooh. .tribe ftp mabie.

trinitydub

TRIBE Member
basically anything from William Orbit's 'Pieces In A Modern Style', or the remixes of any of those tracks (e.g. Ferry Corsten's remix of Orbit's take on Barber's Adagio for Strings)

Unfortunately most of the tracks on the album sound a bit too much like every track he produced for Madonna.

Or if you want to go the other way around, check out the 'Acoustek' compilation (I've only got it in mp3, I don't exactly know where it came from), which is a bunch of famous techno/IDM tracks orchestrated.

01 Orbital 'Forever'
02 Orb 'Little Fluffy Clouds'
03 Sabres of Paradise 'Smokebelch'
04 Brian Eno 'Sparrowfall'
05 Moby 'Hymn'
06 The Shamen 'Re-evolution'
07 Watermelon 'Moonshaker'
08 Plastikman 'Consume'

I'll keep looking. I've got nothing else to do.
JC

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Obey

TRIBE Member
"O Fortuna" can't remember who does the mix but its an old techno classic.. real cheesy though. its a remix of carl orffs{sic} carmina burana

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Obey
"O Fortuna" can't remember who does the mix but its an old techno classic.. real cheesy though. its a remix of carl orffs{sic} carmina burana
apotheosis (sp?). easily found in mp3, but rather rare on vinyl + cd, IIRC.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Obey
I think Mike Koglin did a 2000 mix of it too.. if I'm not mistaken..

Rocky

TRIBE Member
I've always liked:

Soulsearcher - Spente Le Stelle (Yomanda Dub)

or

Soulsearcher - Spente Le Stelle (Yomanda Remix)

...the remix is the one with vocals.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders