• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Opaque, LOW rise, tights!?? where to find?!

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
Does anyone know of where to find low rise, opaque (like 100%) tights/stockings (as in, I want the whole foot in there)? If I find a suitable pair I have to practically tuck them into my bra, and If I've come across anything low rise they're leggings and aren't full stockings.

Does anyone know of where to find? I've tried the obvious..American Apparel (only if I want one leg red and the other blue) and I'm sure The Bay has them, except you really can't tell the opacity (I dunno if that's a word) or the rise when they're in the box.

help!

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I always buy Hue at the Bay...I've previously purchased a pair that fit at the hip (I can't remember the name but the package specified this). However this was a year or two ago, so I don't know if they still carry them.

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
Will defienetly try both. Thank you Thank you!

and the H&M one's were defienetly totally opaque? I've gotten some from them before and they definetly looked it but were a little see thru. ...and of course I rocked them to work with a tunic and had to give a presentation to the entire staff like a skank when under them flurorescents!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
try secret brand!

they're nice, opaque and black. aaaaaaand, they have this comfort waist band dealie that basically feels like you're not being turned into some sort of human/insect hybrid, which rules.

i got mine at shoppers. i've since misplaced them (how does this happen with tights as well as socks, even though they're technically like two really long socks sewn together?!) so it's about time i grabbed another pair.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
try secret brand!

they're nice, opaque and black. aaaaaaand, they have this comfort waist band dealie that basically feels like you're not being turned into some sort of human/insect hybrid, which rules.

i got mine at shoppers. i've since misplaced them (how does this happen with tights as well as socks, even though they're technically like two really long socks sewn together?!) so it's about time i grabbed another pair.
100% agree if you can find them!!

They don't seem to stock them at the Ottawa Shoppers anymore. I bought a few pairs from H&M last time I was in Toronto and they were pretty good (and well priced!), but the Secret ones were awesome. :(

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
Chocky's on Queen!!

And try Mondor tights. They are pricey but they're dance wear and super good. I have a few pairs and they all have a seamless waistband that sits at the hip.

sugar

TRIBE Member
I like the Hue ones from The Bay.

edit: they say "Super Opaque" as opposed to just "Opaque".

Ms. Fit

TRIBE Member
i got like, 6 paires of bright, solid coloured opaque tights at sirens (boxing day, they were $2.50 each).

of course i left them in brampton at the mother's place. by the time i get them back they'll be out of style:rolleyes:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JESuX

TRIBE Member
grumblegirl said:
100% agree if you can find them!!

They don't seem to stock them at the Ottawa Shoppers anymore. I bought a few pairs from H&M last time I was in Toronto and they were pretty good (and well priced!), but the Secret ones were awesome. :(
i think i paid maybe $7 for my secret ones. i checked out h&m on my lunch and couldn't find the super low waisted ones in opaque, just 10 or 20 den. which is not even close to opaque.

also, they were $14.95 each. i find that's such a painful amount to pay when i *always* end up getting holes in them, be it my toenails, cats, clumsy self, or a pair of fashion-hungry-scissors that does the job!

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
Maybe they've discontinued the ones I bought in the early fall...
They were pretty darned opaque (don't remember exactly what the denier count was, but it was definitely more than 10 or 20), and you got 2 pr for $12!

Damn. I was so hoping to get more next time I'm in tdot. :(

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
Ladies, you're my jam. Thanks so much. I tell ya, either I look like damn fool when I take off my boots and have socks over my tights (only thing opaque) or like a granny when I get busy and I have stockings up to my neck.

...that's the same deal I've noticed at h&m...not really opaque. And the only time you see a pair that fit the bill are in some redonk size or color.

Here's another dream---same request as before but highly matte...?! I'm a freak I know. But the shine makes me feel like my legs are sausages and the tights are their casing...

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
Like I said before, CHOCKY'S!

On Queen north side just east of Spadina.
All your needs will be met for opaque and matte <--- I prefer this as well.

ps. (good aka not gonna rip after two wears) colored opaque tights are so hard to come by!

Winners also sometimes has Mondor tights. Did I mention I love MONDOR tights?!

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
10-4! clear I can't go wrong, hunting for Secret --> when found I'll let y'all know the shoppers we can bum rush, and most def heading to Chocky's and the Hue brand. gonna try em all. thanks everyone for the word.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i will go, only if they carry the diamond encrusted line of leggings.

i want my cankles to sparkle!

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
Got 2 pairs at the stiches outlet on orfus road for $2.50 each- have yet to try 'em on though- I'm damn short waisted so I'll let ya know

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
ChrisD said:
What about that Spanxx Line, Im hearing good reviews yes?
LOL, why are you posting when you don't even wear them?

Spanx are body-shaping undergarments...ie. control-top hose and the like. They're not low-cut in the least.

peko

TRIBE Member
miss riot said:
Like I said before, CHOCKY'S!

On Queen north side just east of Spadina.
All your needs will be met for opaque and matte <--- I prefer this as well.
X2 - great stripped long socks too!

erika

TRIBE Member
also supersellers on yonge north of college
it's hit and miss but super cheap
I do like the H&M patterned ones though, and think they are a super good deal (and they last forever)
The Bay was having a sale on Dim, and their opaques are opaque
but start with supersellers