• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ontario election 2022

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

I can't help but wonder if the NDP just doesn't care or are really in that much dire straights that there's no better candidate.
Either way, Andrea isn't going to suddenly be making major achievements, better decisions, or challenging Ford unless she's prodded into it. . A new, sharper, focused leader would have been a better way to go. The NDP has lost it's way at every level.

That Liberal dude is the most unappealing person ever. FOrd will probably win this because he more resembles what an average voter looks like in the mind of the average voter, compared to the other two.

It's all a giant theater production like television wrestling.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Either way, Andrea isn't going to suddenly be making major achievements, better decisions, or challenging Ford unless she's prodded into it. . A new, sharper, focused leader would have been a better way to go. The NDP has lost it's way at every level.

That Liberal dude is the most unappealing person ever. FOrd will probably win this because he more resembles what an average voter looks like in the mind of the average voter, compared to the other two.

It's all a giant theater production like television wrestling.

My buddy and i in high school took an OAC political science course. We had a project to devise our own political system. He created a system where politics WAS wrestling, and all political debates were settled "in the ring" with crowd-appealing narratives: good guys and heroes, bad guys - sexy stuff.

But really the REAL politics were gonna be managed by a secret bureaucracy behind the scenes.

Turns out he was prophetic.

acheron

TRIBE Member
The liberals don't really have anyone worth bothering with in Ontario right now... Horvath is just horrible... but if the two parties can put Ford in a minority government that's just fine with me.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I worked by butt off trying to make sure my local MP didn't get re-elected and it accomplished nothing. I don't know if my efforts to keep ford from being re-elected will have any impact. Hopefully I'll be settled in my new digs by then so I can give it more effort and attention.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing my memes being circulated on twitter by people I don't even know, which is what I hoped for.

FNA69x8XsAkPMna

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
yup, an embarrassment considering the last 4 years.

the opposition all needs to be held accountable for this one. horvath and del duca are gone, hope the same thing doesn't happen during the next federal election

Literally could not have asked for a better setup for defeating an incumbent who's both unlikable, and unintelligible off as well as on script.