• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

ontario colleges on strike.

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
F U essay that is due wed.

i'm not too happy about the strike.
i don't want to be in school during my summer.

good thing about it......the company i worked for in the summer is possibly covering the strike (security) and ill get to see my old co-workers, brothers, and ex bf.
yay (i think)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
in all honesty, i don't see the strike going for very long, funny how i just came back from my co-op placement and today was my first day of classes for the ass end of my last semister

*sips drink*

"yessssssssss"

DancingQueen169

TRIBE Member
I have mixed feelings....but I feel the teachers will be back in 2 maybe 3wks max. My profs said they would more likely condense the courses and keep the schedule the same if that is the case

I'm in school all summer so doesn't really bother me all that much...still want some part of the summer though

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
djdeposit said:
i was lost at co-worker
my brothers work for the same company i worked for..and i met my (now) ex bf at that job too.

so they all work together.
if they get the contract they will all be here!

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Aphrodite said:
so.. like, do I have to go to my 8:30 am class tomorrow?
like ohhhhh maaaaaa Gaaawwwd like ummm.....

NO!

but refer to the website I posted previously for updates mmmmkay?

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Yeah I'm guessing a 2 week max strike. All my teachers loaded us up with work so that kinda sucks. If I'm not physically going to school I sure as hell am not going to do the work. It'll be nice to have another week or two off to get wasted every morning, then sleep until supper time though.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
does this shit affect universities too?
i'm totally out of the fucking loop, but I don't want to show up to school tomorrow like a tard.

b

trinitydub

TRIBE Member
nope, just college.
i'm hoping for five days - enough to help me get caught up (and i've already been working like a dog!) - but any longer and it might eat into my summer.

i already spoke with most of my profs about how i won't be around, and they were all okay with it....so far.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
trinitydub said:
i already spoke with most of my profs about how i won't be around, and they were all okay with it....so far.
Umm, don't you mean the professors won't be around? They must cut off all communication with the students until this is settled.

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
HaH

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

acheron

TRIBE Member
all you who are saying 'yay I get a few days off school' just remember this isn't like high school or elementary school. You (or your parents) are paying for this directly, not just the government - so the teachers are fucking YOU in the ass, too. Enjoy it while you can.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
crazedcanuck said:
HaH

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
annoying

acheron - I'm def not happy about his.

tella

TRIBE Member
i can't believe anybody is actually excited about this. i graduate in april and have a portfolio that i have to shoot which is impossible to do now. if they extend the school year i am going to be PISSED.

Sassy

TRIBE Member
I hope this strike doesn't extend over a long period of time. I am meant to graduate in April and am still hoping I get accepted into this program at the university of sydney which means I would have to get my degree by May in order to be accepted - so I am not a fan of this stike lasting longer then a week or two. *fingers crossed*

trinitydub

TRIBE Member
i'm treating this like the little extra grace period of a snow day. school has made me so physically exhausted that i'm having trouble functioning.

as i already stated, if the semester is extended, i'm fucked too.