• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

OnStar Narcs out coke user.

acheron

TRIBE Member
yeah cuz churchgoers are much more susceptible to drugs than the rest of the population so they put a zone of avoidance around churches.

they should have the same restriction on children. - no children with 1000 feet of a church...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

randyval

TRIBE Member
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. Mar 1, 2006 (AP)— A man showing off his OnStar system in his Cadillac Escalade found out the system worked too well. Ralph A. Gomez, 38, was being held Wednesday on $15,000 bond on charges of possession of an illegal narcotic within 1,000 feet of a church and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Gomez was showing off his OnStar system to his girlfriend, but the volume was set so low that he couldn't hear the OnStar operator. OnStar comes on many new General Motors vehicles and allows a customer to contact an OnStar representative in an emergency or to get directions.

If there is no response, OnStar contacts police.

That's what happened with Gomez on Friday night, Tom Clements, a spokesman for the St. Augustine Police Department, said Wednesday.

When police located Gomez' car, they determined there was no problem. But Clements said cocaine was clearly visible on the car's center console.

In addition to seizing $1,900 in the case, the Cadillac equipped with the OnStar system was also seized, Clements said.

There was no information available from Clements or the jail on whether Gomez has a lawyer.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
The restrictions are intended to more harshly penalize people who deal drugs in close proximity to places where children congregate -- like schools and churches.

I guess the idea is that kids who are exposed to drug dealing at a young age willl be more curious when they get older, or simply be desensitized to criminal activity going on around them.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
So getting thrown out.

Doesn't a guy who is trying to get is swerve on in an Escalade deserve a reasonable expectation of privacy? Even though the coke was visible on the dash, the cops should have backed-tha-fuck-up and let a playa play!!!!!!

Where's Johnnie Cochrane???? (RIP)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
yeah cuz churchgoers are much more susceptible to drugs than the rest of the population
Its funny cuz its TRUE! i was hauled off to church every single sunday for 16 yrs (my stepfather is a bishop, mom works in church as well) and LOOK AT ME NOW! i 'm giving Pete Doherty a run for his money on my GOOD days;)

littlejon

TRIBE Member
AdRiaN said:
The restrictions are intended to more harshly penalize people who deal drugs in close proximity to places where children congregate -- like schools and churches.

shit!
and here i was looking for blow in bars and pool halls.
little did i know i should be hitting up bishops and school marms.

tribe teaches.