1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

OMG I want this emulator

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Aug 7, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

2. Phat Buddha

Phat Buddha TRIBE Member

so what does that do?

3. alexd

a massive see-through touch screen for traktor pro, or anything else.

4. junglisthead

junglisthead TRIBE Member

jaw drops on floor ! WOW !

5. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

yeah someone posted this on FB and I fell in love, someone finally made the future, it would be so wicked to play live on one of those. Although for some it would be kind of hard to mime a set :D

6. alexd

I think this is home-built. There must be a site out there with instructions on how to create a multi-touch screen out of a piece of lexan or acrylic...

I am speculating it is an LCD projector shining the tractor pro interface on the plexiglass from below, and a camera next, pointed at the plexiglass to capture touch coordinates

7. Octive Shift

Octive Shift TRIBE Member

home built, yes, everything else you said, no.

Emulator Emulator

8. alexd

I read that part, but I am trying to find a how-to for that piece of glass/plastic...

I understand there are different ways to make a multi-touch screen and I am
    trying to figure out how he did that

9. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

in the comments there was this given: NUI Group - Natural User Interface Group to make your own

10. alexd

People have asked them on that forum how the guy made the multi-touch but there are no responses. I am pretty sure it is optically projected from below with a camera reading finger gestures and converting that to xy coordinates.

It would be the only way to do a screen like that DIY. Otherwise you would have to own a semiconductor plant.

Some of the other projects on the site are very cool though:

Multitouch Prototype 2 on Vimeo

[YOUTUBE]6GidQX9VjIQ[/YOUTUBE]

11. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

This one I think uses laser to track coordinates instead of a camera

12. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

I use a blackberry to track coordinates, and a car stereo and headlights for the a/v magic

13. philly

philly TRIBE Member