1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

omg free cereal

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by millicent, Oct 17, 2005.

1. millicent

millicent TRIBE Member

I was at no frills and i bought a box of post banana nut crunch cereal for $0.97 on sale. And every box comes with a manufacturer's coupon for $1 off your next purchase of post selects cereal ("all sizes, all varieties"). Which means that every subsequent box you buy they have to give you 3 cents. Right?

2. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

I don't know if you can use a coupon on a sale item, although it's been years since I was in the grocery industry.

3. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

or 3000 milliCENTS

4. millicent

millicent TRIBE Member

But it's the manufacturer's coupon.. meaning that the manufacturer reimburses the store $1 no matter what amount they sold it for

5. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

usually you can't use copuons for sale stuff.

6. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

you should try and get your 3000 boxes of cereal refunded right quick.

7. millicent

millicent TRIBE Member

update: cereal tastes like crap

8. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

ahahaha

9. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

My old roommate bought like 50 boxes of Shreddies to get those free movie passes years back.

10. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Free cereal you say?

11. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

i worked in a grocery store.. we just opened the cases, cut the coupons off the all the individual boxes and tossed them in the dumpster! :D

12. scruffy1

scruffy1 TRIBE Member

sucka

it's free for a reason

13. The Tesseract

The Tesseract TRIBE Member

Wrong. You're charged the tax on the original price, and THEN the coupon's value is deducted, leaving only the taxes that you have to pay for.

14. millicent

millicent TRIBE Member

there's no taxes on cereal

seriously, this is a perfectly viable scheme for obtaining free cereal and bringing down the man all at the same time

it is the perfect solution for those among you who could never quite harmonize your love of convenient breakfast foods with your hate for the soulless diabolical megacorporations that produce them

15. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

lol.. get what you pay for?

Cereal wise I stick with cornflakes, or cheerios... they both come in huge economy size boxes and only cost 4 bucks.. but they are classic and still taste good to me.