• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Omg, Asian Dub Foundation were looking for me!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
So because I was too drunk and had to haul my ass home at the pseudo-ADF show on Saturday, I didn't get to hang out with them afterwards.

But today, I got some great news. The lead MC of ADF (MC Spex) was looking for me after the show! My coworker said he was so disappointed about not being able to meet me. She said he was saying "DAMMIT.. Where is Sunny? Blast it, I wanted to meet Sunny!"

But today, my coworker passed on a signed ADF sticker to me. On it, it says: "To Sunny, NUFF RESPECT. KEEP DA FIRE BURNING. MC SPEX/ADF"

You don't understand how much I am gleaming right now. They are such an important part of my life. Their music has shaped my thinking, inspired me to keep going, made my skin tingle with every breakbeat and mantra..

I feel like a pre-teen who received a shout-out from Hilary Duff onstage or something.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
*fanboy gleam*

Ok, I am excited and I wanted to share. Continue.

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
So because I was too drunk and had to haul my ass home at the pseudo-ADF show on Saturday, I didn't get to hang out with them afterwards.

But today, I got some great news. The lead MC of ADF (MC Spex) was looking for me after the show! My coworker said he was so disappointed about not being able to meet me. She said he was saying "DAMMIT.. Where is Sunny? Blast it, I wanted to meet Sunny!"

But today, my coworker passed on a signed ADF sticker to me. On it, it says: "To Sunny, NUFF RESPECT. KEEP DA FIRE BURNING. MC SPEX/ADF"

You don't understand how much I am gleaming right now. They are such an important part of my life. Their music has shaped my thinking, inspired me to keep going, made my skin tingle with every breakbeat and mantra..

I feel like a pre-teen who received a shout-out from Hilary Duff onstage or something.
*fanboy gleam*

How sad!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Wiseman said:
You should send them a signed picture of your chocolate milk penis!
Fuck a signed picture...recreate it by letting some more milk congeal, then pour it slowly into their mouths while singing "this one's called Naxalite!"

kyfe

TRIBE Member
you must blow a good dong, OMG I must meet Sunny from Tribe he's so cool....:rolleyes:

can your head still fit thru the door ok sunny?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
if you held back the excitement half the time the board wouldn't be the same without your random musings...

that's pretty cool though...I remember SORT of being seeked out by Ricky Powell at the beasties show because my then g/f told him I had a beasties tattoo...he took a pic of it then signed the photo I bought " homeboy go in the tower, you're girl got dicked by ricky powell!" ...always nice to have celebrity encounters,especially if said celebrity(s) mean a lot to you like in your case:)

KiX

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
The last time I was this starstruck was when I met Chuck Lidell at the Kool Haus.
<3 chuck lidell IS the kool haus! i'd be totally starstruck if i met him. i'd also immediately try to throw a choke on him, just for fun. if i'm going to get broken in half by anyone, it's going to be chuck lidell.

=tina=

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
KiX said:
<3 chuck lidell IS the kool haus! i'd be totally starstruck if i met him. i'd also immediately try to throw a choke on him, just for fun. if i'm going to get broken in half by anyone, it's going to be chuck lidell.

=tina=
LOL! Truth be told, that's exactly what happened. I'm talking to him in the Orange Room (this was at the launch party for the Fight Network btw), and some drunken skank runs up out of NOWHERE and jumps on his back squealing 'rear naked choke! rear naked choke!'

Dude looked like he was about to go off, until he saw it was a girl. Still looked pretty annoyed though. Ha!

KiX

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
LOL! Truth be told, that's exactly what happened. I'm talking to him in the Orange Room (this was at the launch party for the Fight Network btw), and some drunken skank runs up out of NOWHERE and jumps on his back squealing 'rear naked choke! rear naked choke!'

Dude looked like he was about to go off, until he saw it was a girl. Still looked pretty annoyed though. Ha!
haha that's awesome, she can now forever say she threw a rear naked choke on chuck lidell. i'd bring that up in conversation -constantly-.

-good morning! looks like rain!
-why yes, the air looks thick. thick like the air in the orange room the time i threw a rear naked choke on chuck lidell....

-holy shit this track is badass!
-totally! badass like the time i threw a rear naked choke on chuck lidell in the orange room...

so, what did you guys talk about?

=tina=

MoFo

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
you must blow a good dong, OMG I must meet Sunny from Tribe he's so cool....:rolleyes:

can your head still fit thru the door ok sunny?
MoFo from Tribe. Get it right.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
KiX said:
haha that's awesome, she can now forever say she threw a rear naked choke on chuck lidell. i'd bring that up in conversation -constantly-.

-good morning! looks like rain!
-why yes, the air looks thick. thick like the air in the orange room the time i threw a rear naked choke on chuck lidell....

-holy shit this track is badass!
-totally! badass like the time i threw a rear naked choke on chuck lidell in the orange room...

so, what did you guys talk about?

=tina=
Aahahaha!

If I recall correctly, the party was right after his first fight with Couture, which he lost. I believe I had enough liquor in me to say "you'll get him next time" or something along those lines...AND HE DID. Therefore, I am the wind beneath Chuck's wings.

KiX

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Aahahaha!

If I recall correctly, the party was right after his first fight with Couture, which he lost. I believe I had enough liquor in me to say "you'll get him next time" or something along those lines...AND HE DID. Therefore, I am the wind beneath Chuck's wings.
haha, aww he just needed a little encouragement is all. :eek:

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
*fanboy gleam*
ah lol, what an excellent picture you've painted.

so good.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
stantons and freq nasty seems to be the ticket
ppl keep mentioning st paddy;s day
i dont need a reason to get sloopy irish drunk, so it is just like any other night at the bar, it is just a great coincidence they happen to fall on the same day :)