• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

om / reunion / in_tent

zoo

TRIBE Member
did anyone else go?

i was there from mon-fri, and i had a great time :)

i really wish i had taken more pictures :(

i came back with only 10 pictures, which is pretty ridiculous ... hopefully i can get my hands on everyone else's pics

the boh! cat up at the one and only carnivore camp (later moved to the moonbase stage)

the river we were located on (lots of swimming)

the main stage area and dj dome on monday or tuesday (being built for the big friday / saturday party)

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
Holy hell what a fucking great time we had. We should quit our jobs and live there all summer. for real.

Zoo: awesome pics, man. let's see more! unfortunately all i took were some random tree photos and one picture of a friend. im bad with cameras i guess.

but wow. the weather, music (esp neil spinning the ol skool stuff on friday), and my whole hippie family. expanding galactic spiral of..........

FUCK YEAH!

(yes norm, we aw it, hahaha!)

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
p.s. if someone knows the precise directions to get from parking lot to the actual site, can you PM me? its important..

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
so there is a thread about a muskoka couple, drinking and boating, whilst naked. this reminded me of a 'scene' at Om i should have snapped a photo of:

there were two bass-fishers in a fishin boat, obviously from somewhere else down the river, who didn't look too curious about us naked hippies on the shore until two nude dudes in a canoe were paddling right for them. one of the fishermen scratched their head as the two guys from our camp passed them. pure jokes.....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alienInFlux

TRIBE Promoter
In:tent formally Re:union formally OM Festival

Wow, I just returned from In:tent which is what the Om festival has morphed into and I must say I had such a blast and all my friends and those of you reading this that did not make the effort or take the RISK of attending totally missed out. It was truly a gem of a time with so many diverse reasons for me liking it. I’m sooo glad I took the risk cause they usually pay off big and In:tent sure did.

The site was sooo fantastic. It was situated on a point that was raped by a very picturesque river that’s waters were perfect for swimming for hours on end and each of the two sound stages were back dropped in clear view of the waters passing. The sound stages were nicely done but I was defiantly there more for the vibe of hanging with friends and new friends under the sun and stars tripping around and generally being silly. Even so I did however find my self dancing harder then I have in years for about 5 hours Sunday morning as I got sucked in to the beats on my way to my tent to sleep. Wow just nuts. Not for everyone but I am beginning to explore some new sounds that for me really only seem to work in these perfect outdoor morning environments.

It seems since the last “Om Festival” 2 years ago most of my friends and the people of the tribe board have lost interest as the organizers promote less and less and have given much more flexibility to the making of it more of a gathering of 500 or so people then a highly organized festival with head liners and all that comes with that kind of event. They have also made it not as accessible by not selling tickets at the gate and making it more of a membership event which really helps with some of the legalities and ensures that all the people at the event really made it there in:tent to be there well in advance which makes it even more exciting because the consumer type party people are less likely to plan where there going to be two days in advance never mind two weeks.

All I can say is many of us have missed the point of this project which has merits well beyond what I’m prepared to get into here. I can say too many of my friends of whom many are on this board and to the people I like to see at out door events that stopped going Om is still happening. It has changed and for the most part it’s better. It’s harder to find out about so open your minds, put your ears back down to the ground and get ready to pack your bags next year and take a risk on something that’s not so well packaged.

To all the people who made this event happen you’re a bunch of fuck risk takers and we need more of you to keep our lives not only interesting but more importantly to keep us from slipping into mediocrity and keeping us out of the grips of urban gravity.

In:tent was awesome. Thank you to every one there and to everyone that helped make it happen. Your work was hard and is really appreciated by myself and those I have talked to since returning.

GOOD FUCKING JOB…

Justin
alieninflux / Harvest festival / boreal

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
alienInFlux said:
It seems since the last “Om Festival” 2 years ago most of my friends and the people of the tribe board have lost interest as the organizers promote less and less and have given much more flexibility to the making of it more of a gathering of 500 or so people then a highly organized festival with head liners and all that comes with that kind of event.
I can appreciate what they're doing but OM 2 years ago remains one of the best weekends of my life. I just wish I'd made it to the previous OMs.

zoo

TRIBE Member
^^ I had an amazing time at the 2004 festival also, but you can't really compare that sort of mega-rave with what the festival has turned into now ... this year it was like a week-long camping trip with 300 friends, everyone pitching in to do their part, topped off with a 300 person one-stage party on the solstice, and a 500 person all-out rave party on the weekend. I think I met about 3-4 people at the OM 2004 fest, whereas I met EASILY 30+ people at in:tent, most of which seemed to be really cool people.

alienInFlux

TRIBE Promoter
all we need to do is break free of the urban gravity and weather its a 3000 person party such as om 2 years back (which i agree was totally out of this world) or a 500 person in:tent gathering of last week once your out in the bush and soaking up the goodness its allllllll gooood.
other then boreal and harvest what’s next for getting out in the woods with friends new and old. did I hear of a revisit back to the in:tent site before the summer is out?
I hope to do more om / in:tent things this summer. I feel so recharged (fuck I sould like a hippy)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders