• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Olympics

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
the Olympics are the only time every 4 years I even consider watching sports like figure skating, curling, skiing, etc - be it men or womens.
how often is there ever a time that the public even knows when they should be collectively supporting or rooting for a womens hockey team, bobsled racer, cross country skiier, or some other sport (men or womens) that doesn't have enough exposure for us to care?

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
We watch curling all the time - both men's & women's teams.
I was in Montreal a few weeks ago for the Scottie's tournament of hearts (national women's curling event). It's not as widely supported in Ontario / Quebec or further East but curling is huge in the prairie provinces.

If we had a women's wnba team I'd totally watch

peko

TRIBE Member
Figure Skating: Scott & Tess got ripped off - they deserved the gold for their perfect skate! Canada, always the bridesmaid.

peko

TRIBE Member
[- FuNKtiOn -];4659986 said:
the Olympics are the only time every 4 years I even consider watching sports like figure skating, curling, skiing, etc - be it men or womens.
how often is there ever a time that the public even knows when they should be collectively supporting or rooting for a womens hockey team, bobsled racer, cross country skiier, or some other sport (men or womens) that doesn't have enough exposure for us to care?
Figure Skating is always publicized and televised.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
the womens curling final was exciting. so much emotion there. Especially when sweden screwed up that final rock and handed it to Canada. The mens final was just a bloodbath and just really not that great.

Womens figure skating reminds me of Jerry Springer. Jerry! Jerry!

Tonya Harding, crooked judges, and fixed results.