• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Oldboy

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Saw it at the film fest last year...definitely one of my favourite picks. I knew pretty much nothing about it going in so all the twists and freaky scenes were completely unexpected.

Saw it this past summer. Came in second place at Cannes after Farenheight 911.

And yes I agree with you, it was the best film I saw last year.

Korean Cinema is fucking rocking as of late.

Universal Pictures will be remaking this, and they have agreed to keep the shock twist ending believe it or not.

sohaness

TRIBE Member
if you like korean films check one out called Taegukgi. an amazing film about the korean war. the synopsis from imdb:

When a group of Korean archeologists find a skeleton and identify it, they call the brother, Lee Jin-Seok, who is now an old man, to tell him that they have found his brother's body, who died in the Korean War. We travel from the present to 1950, when the Korean War started. Jin-Seok and Jin-Tae, Jin-Seok's brother, are young men who suddenly find themselves catapulted into a bloody world so different from their quiet, rural lives. As the war progresses, the war begins to poison Jin-Tae's mind. Jin-Seok is lost when he finds that he no longer knows who his brother is.

steve.

Originally posted by sohaness
if you like korean films check one out called Taegukgi. an amazing film about the korean war. the synopsis from imdb:

steve.

I see your Tae Guk Gi (I've seen it - the gore and feeling is pretty on par with Saving Private Ryan :)) and raise you 2009: Lost Memories (try to imagine The Manchurian Candidate crossed over with Blade Runner), Tale of Two Sisters (one of the creepier Korean horror films - based on a Korean folk tale) and Wonderful Days (being retitled here as Blue Skies - Korean anime film that's pretty compelling).

;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Originally posted by rentboy
this a wide release? heard good things about this.

Not sure as of yet, but it's on the Tribute website. I think the Paramount might carry this and the AMC theatres might try to grab it too.

Go this this Chris. I was absolutely floored when I saw this back in July. The director of this embodies some of the best characteristics of Gondry, Cunningham, Fincher and just about every other new, emerging talent.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa

Go this this Chris. I was absolutely floored when I saw this back in July. The director of this embodies some of the best characteristics of Gondry, Cunningham, Fincher and just about every other new, emerging talent.

feckin hell...nice sell James :)

looking forward to this even more now.

Kazoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sohaness

steve.

Saw Taegukgi and Chingoo (both w/ the same main actor - Dong-Kun Jang) about gangs in a DVD-bong a couple months ago in S.Korea. Great movies coming from that country.

Arun

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

outofcontrol

TRIBE Member
I watched this a few months ago.

Quite a story and incredible all around film.

I didnt think it would actually be released here.

Originally posted by rentboy
feckin hell...nice sell James :)

looking forward to this even more now.

Just an FYI, they have copies of this on DVD for sale at Suspect Video, and there's a place near my work at Steeles and Warden that has it as well. If you miss it in theatres, let me know, I'll throw you an extra copy of it that I own.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
Just an FYI, they have copies of this on DVD for sale at Suspect Video, and there's a place near my work at Steeles and Warden that has it as well. If you miss it in theatres, let me know, I'll throw you an extra copy of it that I own.

thanks mate.

Defo going to make a point to see it on the big screen.