• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Old Skool Boxing Day Party

Jme

TRIBE Member
OMG I am looking forward to this! Last years party was amazing, so many spine tingling tracks played. John E dropped one of my favourites from back in the day. Chris Sheppard will be playing too? I haven't heard this guy since 94/95 NYE.

p.s. Oldskool party, do you remember when we use to call it newskool? Ha ha, time flies.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Hats to Ev and the crew for making this an annual jam (unfortunately was out of the country last year though) and even moreso having none other than DJ Dogwhistle on the bill. NEVER thought I'd see The Shep again...craaaaaaaaaaazy ;)

So there.

T_Dot_House

TRIBE Member
Does anyone remember the name of the TV show that Chris Sheppard used to have/host that was sort of like EC? I think it used to be Live to air from the club...

grounded4life

TRIBE Member
T_Dot_House said:
Does anyone remember the name of the TV show that Chris Sheppard used to have/host that was sort of like EC? I think it used to be Live to air from the club...
i just remember chris sheppard pirate radio

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

patri©k

TRIBE Member
mr. serious said:
No, Dance Nation was the infomercial for the 'Dance Nation' CD's.

The show you're thinking of is Club 102

no... the show I'm thinking of is Dance Nation which aired on CHCH 11 back in 95

it was similar to Electric Circus and I believe was filmed in the back room at Oz (near wayne gretzky's resto)

johnny B rad

TRIBE Member
I think I've been to all these old school boxing day jams. The best party of the year for sure. Last year when John E threw down STRIKE's "you sure make me feel like loving you", the place was off the hook! My friend from calgary usually flys down just for this jam. Love the old tunes and wicked vibe.

atbell

TRIBE Member
grounded4life said:
i just remember chris sheppard pirate radio

So funny, I just picked up 3 of his pirate radio Cd's for 50 cents each (along with one MC Mario :cool: ).

It's funny to think that both are now in the relm of ch33se y retro.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Gonna try to dig up a speed garage mix he did, released as a quik mix. It's only about 20 mins in length but fun, out in '98 I think...

poker face

TRIBE Member
I am so looking forward to this party. I had breakfast with Sheppard the other morning and he is pretty stoked as well. Donald Glaude dropped some serious breaks last year and I hope he does it again.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories