• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Old science center rave flyers

Soulster

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
And I totally had a crush on Freaky Flow.

he's the son of my aunt's friend. he's a good jewish boy, apparently. my aunt was always asking me if i knew of him, which i didn't. (wasn't in the scene back then at all.)
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
basketballjones said:
i remember afterparties at the majic mondays spot..forget the street??....that place kicked all kinds of ass, and i have been to the zoo bar west for some afterparties
zoo bar east for Such a feeling on boxing day with Dr.No djing and MCING his own set, that party fuckin owned
that was in 94 i believe



the majic mondays space on queen west... west of bathurst? it's a hero buger now... before that it was vcolcano room... when they had majic mondays there it was called something else... thin space... with balcony that wrapped around on the north couth and east side of the clace.... licenced upstairs... dj booth was on the west wall.. dj had to climb a ladder to get to it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
ev said:
the majic mondays space on queen west... went of bathurst? it's a hero buger now... before that it was vcolcano room... when they had majic mondays there it was called something else... thin space... with balcony that wrapped around on the north couth and east side of the clace.... licenced upstairs... dj booth was on the west wall.. dj had to climb a ladder to get to it?

no ladder to climb into the booth, bootch was floor level, or maybe you did have to climb into it, but the space was perfect for afterparties, my bro used to spin there on the monday nights

there were sooo many good places to go to back in the dday
 

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
basketballjones said:
no ladder to climb into the booth, bootch was floor level, or maybe you did have to climb into it, but the space was perfect for afterparties, my bro used to spin there on the monday nights

there were sooo many good places to go to back in the dday


well the one i'm thinking of was around 98 or so? i only went there twice.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
ev said:
well the one i'm thinking of was around 98 or so? i only went there twice.
oh jeez
im thinking more 93-96
but it was called MAJIC MONDAYS, i forgot the name of the woman who ran it, i bet alexd or someother hardcore peeps would know if it was the same place
 

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
basketballjones said:
oh jeez
im thinking more 93-96
but it was called MAJIC MONDAYS, i forgot the name of the woman who ran it, i bet alexd or someother hardcore peeps would know if it was the same place



ya before my time.. in 93 i was 13 :p
 

why not

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
oh jeez
im thinking more 93-96
but it was called MAJIC MONDAYS, i forgot the name of the woman who ran it, i bet alexd or someother hardcore peeps would know if it was the same place

if you're talking about the place that's the hero burger now, it has been a bunch of clubs, but i think it was the boom boom room during the era you're talking about. i think fat city was more late nineties, and then it was the volcano room for a brief time, and then some latin club for a bit.


anybody go to afterparties in the bar of that hotel at king and spadina?
can't remember what it used to be called (now it's a backpackers' hostel).
was the basement called the subway room?
 

lucky1

TRIBE Member
ev said:
the majic mondays space on queen west... west of bathurst? it's a hero buger now... before that it was vcolcano room... when they had majic mondays there it was called something else... thin space... with balcony that wrapped around on the north couth and east side of the clace.... licenced upstairs... dj booth was on the west wall.. dj had to climb a ladder to get to it?


phat city?

or what about club majic.. Dundas and Mccaul? we used to go there on wednesdays after limelight
 

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
why not said:
if you're talking about the place that's the hero burger now, it has been a bunch of clubs, but i think it was the boom boom room during the era you're talking about. i think fat city was more late nineties, and then it was the volcano room for a brief time, and then some latin club for a bit.


anybody go to afterparties in the bar of that hotel at king and spadina?
can't remember what it used to be called (now it's a backpackers' hostel).
was the basement called the subway room?

BOH GUY
the subwayroom

man that was the fuckin dodgiest place ever
was at some hotel, waverly??
jesus it was the size of my bathroom with like 200 ppl in it, jacked out of their trees

dirty bidness
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

why not

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
BOH GUY
the subwayroom

man that was the fuckin dodgiest place ever
was at some hotel, waverly??
jesus it was the size of my bathroom with like 200 ppl in it, jacked out of their trees

dirty bidness


the waverly - that was it!

can you remember anything about this majik mondays place?
it sounds so familiar, but i can't place it.
 

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
why not said:
the waverly - that was it!

can you remember anything about this majik mondays place?
it sounds so familiar, but i can't place it.
it wasnt called majik mondays, that was just a party that was held there on mondays, i forget the name of the club, it was tiny and grimey, just as it should be
 

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
xtcfreak said:
If i can find my scrap book I could scan the last science center party.. I beleive it is a light bulp shaped flyer?

my first scrapbook survived the citrus one year party at the science center.

hey, wanna sign my book? ;)

book1_pg006.jpg


book1_pg011.jpg


book1_pg012.jpg


book1_pg018.jpg


more in my scrapbook archive

~*...medina park r.i.p...*~
 
Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
same place they held syrous - empire strikes back?


Nope, that was the Liberty Street Warehouse. I broke in there last spring just before they renovated it, snapped some pics... ;)
Fuck the Empire Strikes Back was a sick sick siiiiiiiiick party.

liberty3.jpg



liberty6.jpg
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
why not said:
if you're talking about the place that's the hero burger now, it has been a bunch of clubs, but i think it was the boom boom room during the era you're talking about. i think fat city was more late nineties, and then it was the volcano room for a brief time, and then some latin club for a bit.


anybody go to afterparties in the bar of that hotel at king and spadina?
can't remember what it used to be called (now it's a backpackers' hostel).
was the basement called the subway room?


fat city! thank you.. that was starting to bother me!
 

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
why not said:
the waverly - that was it!

can you remember anything about this majik mondays place?
it sounds so familiar, but i can't place it.



no no.. the wwaverly is at college and spadina.. above the zone..
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top