• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Old Pictures of Toronto

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I want that ladies polka dotty dress, the one with the parasol/umbrella.
in that other thread they had posted a pic of like a phone book type thing. I forget what it was called, but it was the book of the elite social class, and their address', the summer house address' and "the days that they accepted callers on". i thought that was so cute.
"Im sorry I cant see you today, I only accept callers on the 1st and 3rd friday of the month!"
everything is so nice and grassy and tree-y in these pics.
did you guys see the pic of santa claus in the street parade .... arriving on a ....FISH .... that was really funny and totally weird.

Last edited:

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member

That guy in the hat is cute, i'd hit it.
Look how fun all those pictures look, aint never seen no toboggan hill looking that madd packed and crazy!! and sunnyside all packed and swimmy!!

acheron

TRIBE Member
Before they put up plexiglas around the rink at MLG they used to offer shields to those who feared 'the puck in the face'

starr

TRIBE Member
These photos are great. This might be a silly question but how would one go about getting a high quality (8 by 10) printed copy of these photos? Contacting Toronto Archives directly I suppose?

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member

Little Mothers Class - "now children when you cough you cover your mouth with your hankie like this"

they should go back to having basic manners and shit taught in classes and the mothers/fathers classes for how to look after a baby and the home - for all the knocked up teenagers we get now.