• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Old Man Lives With Corpse

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Man Lives with Dead Brother for 18 Months
Thu February 5, 2004 07:39 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A British retiree did not notice his brother had been dead for 18 months despite sharing a mobile home with him.
When Herbert Silver, 72, finally called police and told them his brother George, 75, had died, they went to the bachelors' home expecting to find a body. Instead they found a skeleton, British newspapers reported Thursday.

"I admit that I didn't go into his room for a few hours, a few days...well quite a while actually," Herbert Silver told the Daily Telegraph.

Silver said he had thought it a "bit odd" when his brother failed to emerge from his bedroom in the tiny home they shared in Blissford, southern England, but told the Daily Mirror:

"George liked to keep himself to himself, and to be honest so do I." A postmortem indicated George Silver had been dead for up to 18 months.

AVE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac

Silver said he had thought it a "bit odd" when his brother failed to emerge from his bedroom in the tiny home they shared in Blissford, southern England, but told the Daily Mirror:

"George liked to keep himself to himself, and to be honest so do I." A postmortem indicated George Silver had been dead for up to 18 months.

hmmm

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
I guess that guy wasn't his brothers keeper... or maybe he was too old to remember he wasn't his brothers keeper.

You've got to be pretty damn out of it to not figure out that something is wrong with your live-in brother for 10 months.

There should be a Saturday Night Live skit about this. Imagine an old man sitting around a Christmas tree, waiting for his brother to come out to open his present? Then you see a birthday cake that's been lit with candles and the guy is waiting for his brother to arrive and blow on them. Back to Christmas twelve months later, the first present is still there.

Wacky.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
My stepmother's mother is like 92 or something. I and my brother went to pick her up for dinner one time, and despite having phoned her three times that day to warn her (once a mere hour before pickup time), when we arrived, she was like,"What are you doing here?"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders