• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Old Gaming consoles - Where to find them?

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Hey gang!

Looking for a spot where I can find some old gaming consoles. I have a wall unit that has 8 cubes and so far I've filled 6 of them.

Right now we have (oldest to newest):

Atari 2600
Nintendo NES
TurboGrafix 16 (2x)
Super Nintendo
PS2
Xbox 360

I'm looking for an Intellivision for the last old game console. Does anyone know other than ebay (like a gaming store) where I can get one of these?

Aaron

justin surdit

TRIBE Member
Try hitting up some flea markets...I have seen a couple of places that have all kinds of old school gaming stuff. One is @ the Dixie Mall flea market and I think there might be a place at the Mavis & Dundas one...not sure if the carry precisely what you are looking for, but they carry older consoles and games

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Try hitting up some flea markets...I have seen a couple of places that have all kinds of old school gaming stuff. One is @ the Dixie Mall flea market and I think there might be a place at the Mavis & Dundas one...not sure if the carry precisely what you are looking for, but they carry older consoles and games
I'll make my way out there this weekend if I can. That would be a fun mini trip. I can hit up HobbyHobby when in the area too.

thanks for that!

:)

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I'd fill one of your cubes with a Colecovision before an Intellivision.
LOL - I have a Colecovision too. I have the 2600 expansion for it also (play 26hundo games)... but I only have Cosmic Avenger, RootBeer Tapper and LadyBug...

sometimes it doesn't work so I don't want to put it in there...

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Yeah... no sega... I was a Nintendo guy back then and you know how that battle went. You had one or the other. I should have at least one Sega though... good point!

Maybe I'll get the intellivision and Sega. My wife used to have an intellivision and while we were setting up the cubes we started talking about it and the games... I want to surprise her and find one for Christmas.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I was just showing people at work that TG-16 was the first console to play CD (i think) and the first to run Street Fighter... If I can get the CD rom again, that would be slick!

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I walk by on my way home I'll see if I can remember to snag a phone number fer ya google search didn't help much in finding the name on this one
okay that would be awesome! I really appreciate that. My last 2 threads here have been requests for some help and it's been amazing!!!

:D

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
LMAO! Too funny... and this is becoming hard to not let this turn into a "down memory lane thread".

I'll try all of these on the weekend. Might go out Saturday and Sunday for this. The reason why I asked about this is because I used to frequent 1up Games in the Hammer and they don't have them in...

:eek:

praktik

TRIBE Member
I was just showing people at work that TG-16 was the first console to play CD (i think) and the first to run Street Fighter... If I can get the CD rom again, that would be slick!
Will need to look at launch date of TG16, SEGA CD and 3DO.

I think 3DO was first 32-bit system w/ CD and native. I think TG16 and Sega base systems were still cartridge and CD was add on right?

Thats when you plugged your genesis into the CD thing and the 32bit thing too if you added that.

been a loooong time since any console maker has tried making such significant hardware updates as "add ons" rather than a new console...

3DO was a great idea w/o the software to make it work - I still think about what landscape would look like w/o the proprietary systems and people focusing more on software... That said I put a lot of hours into my 3DO and there were some good games! the other cool customer friendly innovation? Daisy chained controllers! Everyone could add more than 2 players when a game supported it without having to buy a "multitap" or 4 player controller add on

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Yeah TG-16 wasn't 32 bit (it's 4th generation), it was only 16 bit and that was only in the GPU. The 3DO and others were 5th generation. The 4th generation also saw the Neo-Geo which was listed as 24bit, but again was only really 16bit.

I don't believe I ever played the 3DO... but I wish I did. Who knows what I'll find out there on this hunt coming up on the weekend. Maybe I'll come home with a few.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories