1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

ok...another war thread, but live tv...

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by djcheezwhiz, Mar 20, 2003.

1. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

i have to admit the coverage right now on cnn is unbelievable...live footage of troops in iraq...a bunch of iraqi's standing around, probably wishing they were somewhere else, & something out of a video game as a camera races across the desert...

talk about reality tv...people discussed the dramatization of the gulf war in 91, but this takes it to another level...

jc

2. Vote Quimby

Vote Quimby TRIBE Member

ABC had Ted Koppel live earlier as a column of armoured vehicles drove behind.
    It was a very long column. I mean long.

3. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

You know those Satellite cameras cost upwards of 99$ a minute

4. All I'm hearing is how stupid a lot of the anchors are and how desperate they are to fill airtime when nothing is happening.

5. sohaness

sohaness TRIBE Member

that cnn coverage is utter shit! i was trying to 'get into it' but how long can you take a video of a tank rolling through a desert while larry king talks over the footage?

larry king...*shudder*

steve.

6. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

News Anchor filling time on a subject

7. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

I thought the footage was incredible. Scary really.

8. deep

deep TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

9. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

^ is that supposed to be Ernie and Bert?