• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Oil Fire

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
So yesterday I was gonna cook some chicken.

So... I put a bunch of oil into a pot and then, very cleverly, went to take a nap.

So, as can be expected, the oil started on fire. I woke up just at the right time. But now there is a big soot stain on the ceiling...

I tried scrubbing it but gave up.

Buy my app and follow me on twitter.

-jM
A&D

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I also posted some nasty shit to my nephew,,,,

I got kicked out of a pub at 3pm because I called the chick a "bitch" and she said I had 6 pints for lunch. I said "Love, 16oz does not count as a pint."

-jM
A&D

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Happened to me once in the Apartment, left the oil on the pan for too long, and made the decision that putting it under the tap would be a good idea.

Ya.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Mine was situation though it was smoking like crazy, then it ignited when water was poured on it. It made a mini mushroom cloud. Then I took the entire thing outside.

Shit, remember your Public Announcements when your a kid rite?

djfear

TRIBE Member
That's why you keep baking soda in the fridge. It's a good way to put out a grease fire. A great way to put out a fire is to have a fire extinguisher close by as well. I thankfully have both!

My unfortunate neighbors accidentally used the "self clean" option when their turkey was in the oven last Thanksgiving. That was fun. I was able to smell burnt plastic wafting up to my unit. Luckily the firefighters sorted it out quickly.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Yeah yeah, we all know how to technically put out an oil fire.

But when it actually happens, you don't have much choice.

I used my brain for about 0.25s, the moved it to the sink, another 2s, then said to myself "NO CHOICE" but to put water into it.

And the water immediately solved the problem.

Well that and my parents no longer let me drink at their house.

-jM
A&D