1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Oh man, now the americans are saying they were tricked into attacking...

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by Liquidity, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Liquidity

Liquidity TRIBE Member

the star

2. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

holy fucking spin.

What a joke.

3. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

This is all just to numb the public.

Change the story so many times the people won't know what's what anymore and subsequently, stop caring.

4. beaker

beaker TRIBE Member

ridiculous!

5. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

How many trillions does the US spend on Intelligence over the 10+ intelligence agencies they have? They could probably hone in on an ant farting but they can't figure out if Iraq has WMDs?

*c*

6. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

I
    can't
    believe this shit.

......funny thing is, it's going to fly.

7. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Unfuckingbelievable.

Oh right. Saddam "tricked" the U.S. into bombing his own country and removing him from power. I'd like to see the explanation on Saddam's motives for that one, I'm sure that was his plan all along.

And really... would it have made any difference had these so called 'fake' defectors not tipped the U.S. off on the WMD's that weren't there? (if that's even the case, which I doubt)

It's clear to me that since the afternoon of September 11th 2001, the U.S. had decided that they were going to invade Iraq. It only took so long because they couldn't come up with a good enough excuse that the rest of the international community might believe.

Pete

8. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

what White House official said they needed to attack Iraq immediately after 9/11? I can't remember.

9. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

10. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

"Go massive," the notes quote him as saying. "Sweep it all up. Things related and not."

11. why not

why not TRIBE Member

they shouldn't have been relying on information from defectors anyways, it's notoriously unreliable and unaccurate.

spin, spin, sugar.