• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

***Offical NHL Trade Tracker Thread***

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Alrighty, we're only 2 weeks away from the NHL trade deadline of March 9, and there's plenty of talk about who could be going where, as the teams that are contention gear up, and the teams that are out are looking to unload...here's just some of the gossip:

-Gonchar rumoured to be going to any of at least 6 teams...including of course the Leafs

-Caps also looking to move Kolzig, and the remaining 12.5 million on his contract...apparantly the Kings and Leafs are interested (the Leafs because Belfour's contract expires July 1)

-Also Robert Lang, maybe to the Isles, Red Wings, or Flyers.

T.O.B'

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Adam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by the_fornicator
*Edmonton looks deep in pockets*
*crickets chirping*
we can't afford shit.

Yep, and hopefully the Leafs brass smells blood.

Smith and Brewer would look good in blue and white.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by the_fornicator
*Edmonton looks deep in pockets*

*crickets chirping*

we can't afford shit.

Poor Edmonton, the Expos of the NHL. I always liked their teams, too bad they always played the Stars in the playoffs.

Gone:

Weight
Guerin
Commrie
Carter
Arnott

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
Did I hear right... they are looking to get Kolzig and Gonchar, for Stajan, Antropov and somebody else?

Yep... It's a tough call. If you wanna win the cup no matter what, this is a wicked deal although im not tot crazy about Kolzig. Belfour should be well rested. Gonchar for Antropov & Berg yes, only if they sign Gonchar to a multiyear contract though...

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Lang to the Wings? That would be nice! I just hope they don't give up Zetterberg or Datsyuk for him.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by C-NiCE
Poor Edmonton, the Expos of the NHL. I always liked their teams, too bad they always played the Stars in the playoffs.

Gone:

Weight
Guerin
Commrie
Carter
Arnott

you can add Gelinas to that list too. He isn't a spectacular player but most definately solid.

ha ha! most def the Expos of the NHL. never heard that analogy.

fuck, as of late we've been such fucking hacks. Crash the net and hopefully shit will go in. You know you're desperate when... but I still love my oilers. Always rooted for the underdog... especially when we play dallas in the playoffs. Such great times here.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
And as if the Leafs would trade for Kolzig and his contract. They're not looking for a goalie - especially one that would require losing stajan.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Probably Kelly Hrudy last night. :rolleyes: He specifically said it's not a rumour, just something he thought would be a good fit for the Kings.

Adam

TRIBE Member
There was an interview with Quinn the other night where he acknowledge the Leafs were pretty deep with young talent, and trading it away would be a mistake.

Funny, I don't remember him saying any of these things when he was GM, but...

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SneakyPete
Probably Kelly Hrudy last night. :rolleyes: .

Thats exactly what I was thinking - he prefaced the entire statement with the idea that he just thought it would be a good fit, not that it was a trade rumour.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Richards
Toronto needs a couple more Kaberles.

So we can have 3 defence men who don't shot the puck?
Why are people hung up on this guy. He sucks. Oh sorry he can move the puck up ice. Right we saw a lot of that last year against Philly.:rolleyes:

vench

TRIBE Promoter
I think it's about time that the Leafs have good, young talent in their system.

trading away Stajan and Coli might help them win a Cup, but it might not. Gonchar is not the end all and be all of our defensive woes, although he would help by being paired with Ken Klee (his former d partner) he's not the answer to our prayers.

vench