• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Oct.19-23.... ??

kline

TRIBE Member
yea, go mini-vacation! hittin' good ol'MTL for a few days and wonderin' if anyone has some suggestions.

my friend marc is taking me to Parking on Thursday night but he's going to away from town for a wedding starting the 21st so i'm a lil'lost on ideas until i talk to some of my friends there some more.... any ideas?!

RedInMtl

TRIBE Member
Farina!!!

Best thing happening that weekend is definitely Mark Farina at Stereo on friday the 21st. Rob Brown is playing with him...
Gonna be a night of pure chunky funky house goodness!

Saturday night will be happening at Stereo as well as it's DJ Vibe...Vibe nights are always good at Stereo if you like it a little harder and more tribal.

Aria will have Lee Burridge on saturday night....should also be amazing!

You certainly picked a good weekend to come down.....a good night for every musical style that weekend...

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Farina Farina Farina!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makin the road drip down with a few people for this one.

Can't wait. It's been too long since I've walked up those stairs into that sound. And Farina owns when he plays there!!!!

kline

TRIBE Member
i've never been out in Mtl before so i'm lookin' forward to the greatness that i've heard about for many, many years now.

mark farina!? well i think i know where i'm going to be on friday night, most definately! i'll have to get tix when i get into town for Stereo's Saturday night. do they have a website?

any other website for the Mtl life? i'm bored at work on thanksgiving so i've decided that it'll be my day of research--

Last edited:

sweetbabu

TRIBE Member
oh man.

you just made my day.

I'm going to montreal this coming weekend for 6 weeks with work and I was torn as to what my ass could come up with.

question? Stereo is it on St. Catherine???

kline

TRIBE Member
my friend jackie's going to Mtl as well for an internship next weekend... who'd a thunk it?

Stereo's at 858 Rue Sainte Catherine E.

Montreal Clubs.com has been a godsend today on the holiday at work for planning my trip out. mine's a solo-venture so if any other tribers want to meet up on Mtl drop me a PM--

sweetbabu

TRIBE Member
Cheers for the info.

I will be going there for sure on the 21st which will ease my fix as I may not be able to come back to TO for sneaks beats.

Look for the tall brunette bitch getting her drink on after a week of work.

kline

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sweetbabu
Look for the tall brunette bitch getting her drink on after a week of work.
i'm tall, have brown hair, and have been known to wear t-shirts sometimes... keep an eye out :rolleyes:

i'll be doing the same thing, but also gettin' down with the smot poking as i hear it's free lovin' in that place--

deevah

TRIBE Member
rob brown - someone needs to bring him back to TO STAT

have a great time kline

have some poutine @ the Green Spot

RedInMtl

TRIBE Member
Well as long as we're doing the description thing....I should be easy to find.
I'm 5'10" or so and will probably be the only redhead in the place (usually the case wherever i go...hehehe). Up the staircase, head left and I'll be near the speaker stack there....dancing all night in dark t-shirt and jeans...stop by and say hi, have yet to meet a triber so maybe this is the time!

P.S. Sweetbabu....hope you mean drink on at Stereobar as there is no alcool served at Stereo...doesn't even open it's doors till aroud 3am. Don't want you showing up there ready for drinks...

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Hawtin is also playing on Saturday (I think) at Usine Cie which I hear is a pretty slick venue. I'll try and dig up some more details.

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
I wonder if Hawtin will be showcasing his new DE9: "Transitions" at this show?

Even if he doesn't, a Hawtin show is always worth catching, n'est pas?

kline

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lurker
Hawtin is also playing on Saturday (I think) at Usine Cie which I hear is a pretty slick venue. I'll try and dig up some more details.
that would be VERY much appreciated... do eet now :mad: that's not an angry face at you, that's how i'll look when i've got a dose of Hawtin :D

kline

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by RedInMtl
Well as long as we're doing the description thing....I should be easy to find.
yea, i'm not shy. i'll be this guy who'll be out of it enjoying his vacation to the fullest

-->

kline

TRIBE Member
upon closer inspection of my pic above i feel it prudent to mention that i'm not doing some lame, "west siiiiiiiiiiide" hand gesture.

THAT ladies and gentlement is how we smoke da dope :rolleyes:

RedInMtl

TRIBE Member
Hahaha....i actually thought it looked like you were picking your nose....but thank goodness it's not some west side gesture....lol.
Se ya at Stereo where we all be smokin da dope!

sunnybreaks

TRIBE Member
SATURDAY OCTOBER 22 - STATION C.
Jointly presented by MUTEK and Underground Legacy, this evening underlines Richie Hawtin’s new release, DE9: Transitions. With the use of new recording advances and automation techniques, Hawtin uses his new found freedom to expose a new area of the mix, that of the 'transition'. DE9: Transition has been from start to end, constructed, and composed to be a completely immersive experience, allowing the listener, to get further into the heart of it all...and this time, even closer to the edit. The evening will also feature the Canadian Premiere solo live performance of one of Hawtin’s new protégé, Marc Houle, the pushing force behind Run Stop Restore (now a trio with Magda and Troy Pierce), an up-and-coming artist gaining world-wide recognition for his melodic minimal grooved-up techno. Neo-Montrealer Ernesto Ferreyra, from Argentina, will open the night.

Station C is at 1450 St Catherine E
I recommend buying your tix ahead of time..check out the following link:

http://www.admission.com/html/venue.htmI?l=EN&venue=STAC
===========================================

for jungle, check out Bleu Dog 3958 St laurent on Fridays

if you don't make it to Station C on Saturday, check out Jupiter Room for some awesome indie rock @ Jupiter Room @ 3874 St-Laurent. gotta warn you though, the crowd is fairly young. alot of fun though!

alos there's Blizzarts on saturday nights @ 3956A St laurent, right beside bleu dog. wikkid electro/breaks/indie/funky iiiiiiiiish.

tell me what your flavor is, and I'll tell you where to go. Beats! Food! Shopping! Stuff! I'm a montreal girlie willing to offer you nuttin' but the best the city's got to give

kline

TRIBE Member
T-8hrs44mins to departure....

sunnybreaks... any info you can give on the, "electro/breaks/indie/funky iiiiiiiiish" tastes of MTL would be great. thurs/fri are booked, but need to find some places to kill time at as it's a solo venture now.

sunnybreaks

TRIBE Member
this just in! It's the MEG festival!!!!! check it out
http://www.sat.qc.ca/sommaire-sat.php3?id_rubrique=68

lotsa stuff happening during the afternoon...GO! Even if you don't know any of the artists, I highly recommend just randomly dropping by. Artists featured such as Adult, Peanutbutter Wolf etc etc.

Also, The dude who runs the Saturday weekly @ Blizzarts will be playing at this event on Saturday at Club Living 4521 St Laurent:

Triple 5 Soul in collaboration with Frogasmic and Agence Ka are proud to present the Legendary:

FREDDY FRESH
(HOWLIN' RECORDS, MINN. USA, freddyfresh.com)
Born in Minnesota, he discovered his true passion for the beat at a very early age when he started a collection of vinyl records from all periods. He then discovered mixing in an era where DJ’s weren’t glamorous at all. People became interested in his wide collection and soon arrived many collaborations, tours and shows. Freddy Fresh is now known as a living legend in his field.

In addition to lighting the dance floor on fire anywhere he spins, Mister Freddy Fresh owns a spectacular cursus, including many collaborations with the biggest names in music, whether it be hip hop or electro, latin rhythm or big beat : Grandmaster Flash, Fatboy Slim, Eminem, Sugarhill Gang, Jungle Brothers, Soul of Man, Afrika Bambaata amongst others, as well as numerous appearances to the world’s leading festivals : Glastonbury, T in the park, Reading & Leads to name a few.

With Local Support from
MELON (brokencrew.net, CKUT 90.3 fm)
BLISS (djbliss.net)

Although I admit I don't know much about Freddy Fresh, Bliss & Melon are wikkids DJs, so check out this promise of said 'electro/breaks/indie/funky iiiiiiiiish', perhaps less the indie.

For day time stuff, just walk around guy! In case you haven't noticed, St Laurent is by far the most happening street. Don't listen to anyone who tells you to go to Crescent street, unless you're looking for ginoland. There are cool shops during the day time downtown....take the subway to Peel Metro/drive to Peel & St Catherines. You can pretty much spend an entire afternoon walking around underground if the wheather sucks.

Fuck I want you to have such a good time that I'm making myself jealous.