• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ocap....wtf!!!

Vcakes

TRIBE Member
Ontario Coilition Against Poverty....WTF!!!

I was just watching the news and I saw the most disgusting thing!! A bunch of OCAP protestors were shouting at...(forget his name) And over the years I see their protests on the news and it disgusts me.

Why can't these people just work like everyone else. I work hard for every cent I make and I don't get any freebies. I pay full price and pay my taxes. I didn't come from a wealthy family and yet I educated myself and work dam hard. OCAP is bullsh*t and to me they stand for lazy people who are fighting for freebies. Why should they get affordable housing when everyone else has to pay full price for it. And yelling at others in public, that just make them look even more uneducated and low class!!!

Gooddam!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
You mention that you didn't come from a wealthy family. Have you ever stopped to think that some people come from a poor family?

Poverty doesn't just mean lazy and homeless. There's also single parents, the homeless, low-income families, the laid-off etc...

Open your eyes before you make generalizations about the poor. It's people like you in power who keep the bottom at the bottom.

They're a coalition against poverty. Oh no, people need help. Surprise, suprise. You'd scream too if 78 million was going to something else while you're spending your life trying to make ends meet.

EDIT: I took out the "Fuck you, you fucking self-righteous moron" part out because I have since calmed down writing my reply.

gollum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vcakes
Ontario Coilition Against Poverty....WTF!!!

I was just watching the news and I saw the most disgusting thing!! A bunch of OCAP protestors were shouting at...(forget his name) And over the years I see their protests on the news and it disgusts me.

Why can't these people just work like everyone else. I work hard for every cent I make and I don't get any freebies. I pay full price and pay my taxes. I didn't come from a wealthy family and yet I educated myself and work dam hard. OCAP is bullsh*t and to me they stand for lazy people who are fighting for freebies. Why should they get affordable housing when everyone else has to pay full price for it. And yelling at others in public, that just make them look even more uneducated and low class!!!

Gooddam!
I agree. I agree with everything OCAP stands for but not for what they do.

Same goes for unions. If only Activists would be intelligent about what they do to stand up for what they believe.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Ocap....wtf!!!

Originally posted by gollum

Same goes for unions. If only Activists would be intelligent about what they do to stand up for what they believe.
i agree. seems so fucking childish, "i want this!!! waahh, waah, wah!" they should cram thoses bullhorns up naomi klien's ass.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Ocap....wtf!!!

Originally posted by gollum

Give me an example of "intelligent" action?

It's activism. There are many kinds of activism. I'd like to think that kind of performance came out of actual rage and not some grand scheme to have an altercation. The politician was screaming back just as badly.

Vcakes

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Ocap....wtf!!!

Originally posted by MoFo
Give me an example of "intelligent" action?

It's activism. There are many kinds of activism. I'd like to think that kind of performance came out of actual rage and not some grand scheme to have an altercation. The politician was screaming back just as badly.
So acting out of rage will get you heard??? NOT I think laughed at is more like it. And I don't know what news channel you were watchin but I merely saw a politician raising the volume of his voice to be heard...not tone! CLASS!

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
OCAP is such a useless activist organization.

I'm all for the stuff they are supporting, but they have gone way off the deep end way too many times. No one on either side of the spectrum take them seriously.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I saw the segment, they are just attention whores trying to use the media. The news conference wasn't even for afforable housing (it was about the bridge), yet that guy showed up just to cause shit.

I thought they were going to scrap though.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ocap....wtf!!!

So acting out of rage will get you heard??? NOT I think laughed at is more like it.
I didn't see anyone laughing at that conference.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S

[janiecakes waving her hands]SHOCK AND AWE! SHOCK AND AWE![/[janiecakes waving her hands]

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ocap....wtf!!!

So acting out of rage will get you heard??? NOT I think laughed at is more like it. And I don't know what news channel you were watchin but I merely saw a politician raising the volume of his voice to be heard...not tone! CLASS!
You didn't give me an example yet.

"Oh, let's write a letter! That ALWAYS WORKS!"

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
The things they are asking for need to come from a change in social norms.

Pissing off everyone except for the holierthanthous in OCAP is going to get you nowhere.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S

I'm all for the stuff they are supporting, but they have gone way off the deep end way too many times. No one on either side of the spectrum take them seriously.
Agreed. Pissing people off has never gotten anyone anything.

They can argue that their actions are bringing the issues that they are fighting for to the forefront until they are blue in the face, but their methods get the issues overlooked as the public focuses on their actions and behaviour, not the issue.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Vcakes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Syntax Error
yelling at people always works. i always take someone seriously when they're TALKING REALLY LOUD!!
Talking really loud is one thing. But talking really loud with a rude tone is another. If someone talked to me like that, with that nasty tone...they can piss off! I won't listen to a single word.