• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

OCAD serves up...breast milk?!

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
in today's metro:

mine's a glass of best breast milk

cocktails were never like this. a new watering hole with a difference aims to be the breast bar none. drinkers at the world's first breast milk bar can sample the prodice of six new mothers. the lactation station will even have its own menu. the venture is the creation of performance artist jess dobkins, 36. the lesbian mother-of-one said: 'it will be like an actual bar'. the launch is set for july 13 at the ontario college of art and design professional gallery, in toronto, canada. dobkin said the service would run in the spirit of wine tasting. and the 'barmaid' is not worried about running out of the milk, which has been pasteurised. 'the women donated generously,' said dobkin. 'and people are going to be tasting small quantities. it's not going to be like "here's a glass of milk for you". i'll ration it.'

article: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=15528&in_page_id=2

ew.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Pyrovitae said:
the lesbian mother-of-one said
So... begs the question... was she lesbian before conceiving this child? I'm guessing yes. And that makes this article even more WTF.

But hey. Whatever, to each their own. It takes all types to make up society.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
part of me is thinking, "well, we do it to cows... "

and the other part is thinking "is this lady on crack?!?"

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
So... begs the question... was she lesbian before conceiving this child? I'm guessing yes. And that makes this article even more WTF.

But hey. Whatever, to each their own. It takes all types to make up society.

huh

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
when in doubt throw around some body fluids, people will always re-act to it. Staging cheap publicity stunts isn't art its only one step higher than MTV's jackass at best.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Aphrodite said:

I'm not judging at all, just kindof take aback by the contents of the article itself.

Artist
Lesbian
Mother of one
Breast Milk
Like a real bar
Spirit of Wine Tasting

Like, what are the odds of this happening somewhere else in the world.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Well, it could happen in London, UK... They love crap like this.

I think there's a row of doorways in Amsterdam's Red Light District that's been doing this for years, too...

What I really like about this one is the 'artist' got funding from the CAC. $9000???? Christ that's a couple of daycare spots that some single mother somewhere could have had. Nothing new, though...

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
i think it would be hilarious if someone showed up with some strawberry cow syrup, got a cup, mixed it in and drank it.

mayab

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
Like, what are the odds of this happening somewhere else in the world.

I think the very same thing happened at an art school in Cape Town, instead it involved cheese and chocolate if I remember correctly.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I wish I was there so I could walk in and act like a bigger artiste than everyone else in the room.

What my artwork lacks in talent I make up for in attitude.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
how about showing up with an expresso machine, frothing the stuff and making a latte?
Now there's an idea.
Meet you there in an hour?! I could use a got o' coffee with a little breast action.

2 Squirts please. One from each boob would be nice.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
What I really like about this one is the 'artist' got funding from the CAC. $9000???? Christ that's a couple of daycare spots that some single mother somewhere could have had. Nothing new, though...

do you have anything supporting that?

I'm curious if it was 9 grand for this one 'publicity stunt' or if its connected to a greater peace of concept and work.

Public money should be wasted on anything related to publicity students and thats all this is.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
I wish I was there so I could walk in and act like a bigger artiste than everyone else in the room.

What my artwork lacks in talent I make up for in attitude.

Then pull out a cup of semen and trade drinks with the lady.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
question: Say you are a new mother and lactating, now say you have just woken up and made a pot of coffee. You pour yourself a cup of steaming hot java and the aroma fills the room. You open the fridge and no milk or cream to be found............do you use your own supply?

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
ocad is full of wanksta's .. the new building is no longer ruffling anyone's feather's or getting press coverage, so they've gotten involved in a silly conceptual art show to get people angry, and in turn get some more exposure... it's all about money.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
question: Say you are a new mother and lactating, You open the fridge and no milk or cream to be found............do you use your own supply?

Depends on how lazy you are really... teh corner store is all the way at the corner, and the boob is right there.