• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

OCAD Design school: feedback?

Ubu Roi

TRIBE Member
Before I plow more money into another post grad program; does anyone have any feedback about OCAD design school (ad program?) ....

Any Agency folk too???

thanks...
-matt

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
LOL, How'd I know you'd show your love for OCAD in here :p

haha.. i've never even been...

all my 'love' is based purely on stereotype and hearsay.

what an age we live in. :)

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
But you're supposed to big up IAoD :D

oh yeah... i'm not only a member... i'm also the president.

IAoD should make satan-babies with OCoD

IAoDCOD?

or they could just call it 'moneyhole' dig a big hole, and make starry-eyed students stand in line to throw ALL their money into it.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
spongecad.jpg

MoFo

TRIBE Member
One pro of OCOD?
70% of your profs are AMAZING.

We have instructors from York, U of T, Sheridan and other places. But because it's such an open atmosphere and you don't have to deal with a lot of university shit, they tell you how it is.

My curator prof today told us to smoke pot before editing our papers because it will give us a different perspectives in the editing process.

And there are so many threads on this. I JUST replied someone's PM about admissions.

And another pro for you? 43 million being pumped into your program including a plan that every design student will have their own working space. Right now, you have cubicles but they are TIGHT. That new building is going to double the school's space.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Pro: You can't stand outside for more than 5 minutes without someone whipping out a joint.

Con: Lots of smelly hippies.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Pro: The Grange is just across the street (yummy food)
Pro: The hotties that come out of that place are unbelievable!

Con: I don't care what anyone says...that building is ugly.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Pro: If you need help with your korean homework, Bens uncle will help you out.

Con: I dont know Korean.

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
One pro of OCOD?
70% of your profs are AMAZING.

My curator prof today told us to smoke pot before editing our papers because it will give us a different perspectives in the editing process.

I think I should teach there...

MoFo

TRIBE Member
It's the only place where you can hand in an assignment and...

"Yeah, man. I had my camera with me. I did, like, all these uppers.. and then all these downers.. and chased it with tequila.. I woke up with my best friend's boyfriend's cock in my mouth and I was foaming at the mouth, man.. Totally fucking WICKED weekend. I'm STILL comin' off the meth, Teach..."
Prof: "Nice colours."