1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Obese receptionists at health clinics and hospitals

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by alexd, Aug 26, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I don't know, but I begin to lose faith in the facility and the rest of its staff when the receptionists are ginormous and flubbery and look like their high blood pressure is about to make them explode... Some even smell of cigarette smoke.

It is not rocket surgery to at least have healthy looking staff as the first people you see at medical facilities. I mean if gyms have people on the front lines that at a minimum, look healthy... why can't hospitals and clinics?

I imagine such jobs require basic phone answering and data entry skills and there must be tons of people who can do them. Maybe they are union jobs and management can't tell these folks to lose weight, stop smoking, or at least wash their size xxxxx medical clinic pant suits at least once in a while. Or maybe they are managed by Jabba the Hut. I don't know...

Also, seeing staff by the side and back entrances of hospitals and medical clinics smoking cigarettes is not the best promotion for the facility either IMO...
  2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

3. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

Fat chicks make great admin people. They don't have illusions about where they are going to be in 10 years. They are there for the long haul, so they take the job seriously.
  4. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

They are also wider and more stable in their chairs so there won't be as many oops fallovers when they go reach for something.

Computer says no