• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Oasis!!!

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Ohhhh, it was soooo good! I got in to hear the last two songs of the Arctic Monkeys in which they sounded alright. If they were on the stage by 8pm, they were off by 8:35pm which is pretty short if you ask me but they do have only one album so yeah....

Oasis then hit the stage right after 9pm and the crowd just erupted. Fucking in the Bushes started to play just before the boys entered the stage. Songs incuded, What's the Story Morning Glory, Cigarettes & Alcohol, WOnderwaLL, Champagne Supernova, Turn Up the Sun, LYLa, Bring it on Down, Supersonic, The Importance of Being Idle, THe Meaning of Soul, Acquisce, Rock 'n' Roll Star, Live Forever amongst others and they closed it off with the Who's My Generation with all of the ACC lights on. Liam then pulled 4 girls on stage for the hell of it and just walked off while the others finished the song.

It defintiely was a stellar sparked night and the place was packed. I had a blast!

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
That's awesome.

I love when they play Acquiesce live it is a great song for a show. Did the happen to play Gas Panic?

Adam

TRIBE Member
No Gas Panic, unfortunately.

F--kin' In The Bushes
Turn Up The Sun
Lyla
Bring It On Down
Morning Glory
Cigarettes & Alcohol
The Importance of Being Idle
The Masterplan
Songbird
A Bell Will Ring
Acquiesce
Live Forever
Mucky Fingers
Wonderwall
Champagne Supernova
Rock 'N' Roll Star
ENCORE:
Supersonic
The Meaning Of Soul
Don't Look Back In Anger
My Generation

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Noize

TRIBE Member
soju and i freaked out when they did supersonic (they have not played it on this tour at all) so it was definitely a treat
our pictures should turn out great (3rd row) so i'll post them once i get them developed

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
I was disappointed, somewhat. The band played great and I enjoyed all of the singalongs, but for some reason the set seemed pretty short. I just didn't feel as though it was worth sixty bucks for nosebleeds.

Don't get me wrong, like I said I enjoyed it but I left feeling like it could have been better.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
todiefor said:
I was disappointed, somewhat. The band played great and I enjoyed all of the singalongs, but for some reason the set seemed pretty short. I just didn't feel as though it was worth sixty bucks for nosebleeds.

If you thought that was short, Oasis was only on the stage for just an hour back in 2001 on a rainy day at the Molson Ampitheatre touring with the Black Crowes.

In regards to last night's show, I was expecting some monitors around the stage area, but I guess they really didn't need to have it.

I would've liked to hear some tracks from the "Be Here Now" album and "Standing on the Shoulder of Giants.." but I guess they were more into there older and newer songs.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
fack...seemed like a short gig.
hell...prodigy played longer.

i await the next outdoor Oasos gig...they'll play much longer then.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Resolver said:
If you thought that was short, Oasis was only on the stage for just an hour back in 2001 on a rainy day at the Molson Ampitheatre touring with the Black Crowes.
I went to that show, and I felt like it was a waste of $35.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
JEMZ said:
I love when they play Acquiesce live it is a great song for a show.
Indeed. I didn't know you were there, Adam.

p.s. Oasis is never a waste of money! And the 2001 show was amazing. All B-Sides!

T

TRIBE Member
I saw them twice last year (Amphitheatre and the "VIP" show at the KoolHaus, and Monday night was slightly disapointing to me.
Still a good show, but the sound in the 300 levels was horrible. Totally not worth 60$.

Like someone else said, cant wait for the outdoor show, they do play much better.

Adam

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
Indeed. I didn't know you were there, Adam.

p.s. Oasis is never a waste of money! And the 2001 show was amazing. All B-Sides!
I was! I went at the last minute and grabbed 300's for $20.

The sound is indeed shit in the 300s, but it was worth my money. I've seen Oasis a bunch of times, but never with as many mass singalongs before. Dont Look Back In Anger was spine-tingling, and I've heard that song 5,000 times.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Snapple

TRIBE Member
Anybody actually see the Arctic Monkeys set? I love that band. Would have like to have seen them last night at the sold out Phoenix show.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Adam said:
The sound is indeed shit in the 300s
I noticed at the beginning of the concert, Liams vocals were down but by the third and fourth songs, the sound engineering booth seemed to get it together and bring up the vocals.

As for the sound in the ACC, I only had one bad encounter and that was when I was at the Velvet Revolver concert a couple of years ago. The band got held up at the Canadian border so they really didn't have enough time for a proper sound check. Scott Weilands vocals were muffled throughout the whole night and I was in the 100's for that one. It must've sounded pretty bad up in the 300's that night fo sure.