• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Oakie's new artist album — I think you'll be surprised

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
I know I was. It looks or sounds rather like he decided to step it up a notch in his old age. I can guarantee a number of big summer anthems from this album. Granted there are a lot of vocals, which get's annoying, I'll look forward to hearing some of the track's remixed sans vocals. What's interesting is the fact that on a number of songs he's doing a rock/trance fusion sort of thing layering tracks with guitar riffs. Some times it sounds akin to Corsten's evolution on Right of Way. In any case there is a track called Save the last Trance for Me and while the name is cheesy the song is definitely a tribute to days gone by, and fun summer music. I am not embarrased to highly recomend.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

jUiCeR

TRIBE Member
^^^ save the last trance is an absolutely wicked tune. What's his new album called?? I'm a huge Oakenfold fan, but I can't seem to find any mention of this new album. Some info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
It's called a lively mind, but it's not out in stores until June, I think. I used to write album reviews so I just get a lot promo's sent to me.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
I used to be a huge Oakenfold fan - Another World, Transport - amazing albums. Save the Last Trance is a great tune! Looking forward to his set in April, hopefully he brings it.

jUiCeR

TRIBE Member
Yeah I found the pre order site online. I heard that faster cat song as well. Different.

ChrisD said:
I used to be a huge Oakenfold fan - Another World, Transport - amazing albums. Save the Last Trance is a great tune! Looking forward to his set in April, hopefully he brings it.

Another world was sooooooo goood

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

jUiCeR

TRIBE Member
todiefor said:
It's called a lively mind, but it's not out in stores until June, I think. I used to write album reviews so I just get a lot promo's sent to me.

OK, that just sunk in. I want a copy! I envy you. What's the rest of the album like though?

Stan

TRIBE Member
When you say "rock/fusion" do you mean more stuff in the vein of "Ready Steady Go" (tune from the Collateral soundtrack)? I actually like that song a lot. Not a huge fan of the other vocal shit, though.