• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Oakenfold

SirDude

TRIBE Member
Oakenfold at IT tonight...

I was just listening to Ministry of Sound Radio and they announced that Oakenfold is at the IT afterparty tonight. Can anyone confirm?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

BreakzBroad

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy

i hear he spins breaks now so you may like him :)

haha! no i doubt it. his breakz would be trancy breakz........and that's just WORSE!!!!!!!!!!! haha........... never was an oakenfold fan, never will be, even if he spins breakz upside down, standing on his head, while mixing with his feet! :p

*jen*

rentboy

TRIBE Member
i respect him for everything he has done, and i USE to like him up to 1997...then he started to spin cheesy trance...and his ego became so enormous too.
Also, the last few times i saw him he was dull...and Dave Ralph blew him away at Tonic a few years back.

Brandon

TRIBE Member
Somebody should dig up Oakenfold's Tribe interview from back in the day when he was a virtual unknown over here.

Wunderbar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy
...and Dave Ralph blew him away at Tonic a few years back.

i heard the same thing from numerous people who managed to get in that night. Ralph has never been disappointing.

vinder

TRIBE Member
i still like his GU new york cd. it's old, but i still dig it.

i'd like to hear him spin breaks, i think it would be interesting.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vinder
i still like his GU new york cd. it's old, but i still dig it.

i'd like to hear him spin breaks, i think it would be interesting.

i liked Oslo more...he took risks on that mix...fusing drum 'n bass with prog and trance...nice :)

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
that fathers of sound vocal track on 007 (i think?) is the WORST i have ever heard. more than the morel's vocal mix of escape...and that's saying a lot

xtollo

TRIBE Member
screw Oakey, I still can't get Tong out of my head!
pict100.jpg

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
I might actually try and reach for this, would be great to see John Selway and Luc Raymond. Oakenfold doesn't do much for me but can still toss down the odd good set so it certainly wouldn't hurt to see him too (I hope LOL)

But I've never actually been to IT before so here is the normal, "is there a dress code?" question.