• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

nu-jazz, neo-soul, deep house dj's... i may need you!!

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
if you're a dj who likes your shit on the deeper/ jazzier/ souful end of the house scale i may have some spots available (earlier opening spots in case you're wondering) for the upcoming DuMaurier Jazz Festival Nightlife Series (June 20th to the 29th) featuring some of this city's finest underground DJs spinning jazzy electro, neo-soul, acid jazz and soulful house.
the headliners are already pretty much a lock with one or two spots still needing to be confirmed but there will be quite a few earlier spots available for those interested in being a part of this. pm me with your particulars if your interested and think you have what it takes.

dan
www.b9productions.com

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
hey all ^^...

check your inboxes.

some of the already confirmed djs for this series: Jason Palma, Paul E. Lopes, Peter & Tyrone, Nathan Barato, Carlos Fuerte, Shingo, Voltaire, Mike Klaps, John Kumahara, Stephen Byfield, Dale Arsenault, Stuart Li, plus many more.

dan

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
...add Drew Farinha, Dale Arsenault, jojoflores and Dino & Terry to that lineup. hopefully, many more to come...

for those who have already gotten back to me expressing interest... please hold tight as we are still finalizing final budget items and a few other details.

dan
www.b9productions.com

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
to all those interested who want to drop off a demo or just chat, try dropping by alto basso (718 college st. - the same venue for the jazz fest series) this thursday night as i am unofficially starting a new weekly deep house/ garage night there with resident djs peter & tyrone (83 west records, camouflage recordings). 10pm onwards please. bring your friends if you like and chill for awhile if you like. thanks.

dan

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
so far confirmed...

DJ Paul Lopes (Virgin, Whatnaut, Bump 'N Hustle)
DJ Nathan Barato (Viva la Musica)
DJ Carlos Fuerte (Viva La Musica)
DJ Stephen Byfield (Rude, West)
DJs Peter & Tyrone (83 West Records, Camouflage)
DJ Jojoflores (gotsoul, therapy)
DJ Drew Farinha (Analog)
DJ Shingo (Bang-On!, The Right Tempo)
DJ John Kumahara (Uproc)
DJ Mike K. (Blueprint, Uproc)
DJ Jason Palma (Movement)
DJ Stuart Li (Movement)
DJ Voltaire (Bang-On!, Soundation)
DJs Dino & Terry (Crash Records)

add Phantasm, Slaps & Hammers (nocutrnalmagazine.net) and Richard Brooks (Chordurouy Music, King St., Jazz Flight United) to the lineup.

if it looks like an eclectic mix so far...well it is.

expect the jazz purists to drop their jaws in shock. more to come...

dan

Last edited:

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
just added...

the "Poundhouse" dj crew featuring djs Hali, Rod G. and Gerald (poundhouse.ca) as well as the "Groove Institute" dj crew consisting of djs Anand, Mark and Yogi. (Solid Garage Deep, Elevation)

this lineup just keeps getting better...

d

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
...fresh new additions:

DJs Angel & Cullen (LifeSizeMusic, Element) & DJ Peter Bosco (garagehousemusic.com)

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
.... add Sean "Tricky" Moreira ("This House"-FLOW 93.5FM, WFP) and Christian Newhook (Pantiki Sound System) and Marco Marquez & Martino Lozje ("The Program" 100.7FM, Gemma Records) and Benjamin Boles (Now Magazine) to the lineup.

not very many spots left so please, if you haven't already done so, get those demos to me if you have one.

i'm doing what i can to get as many deserving people involved.

dan

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
final additions...

Ray Prasad & Gene King ("Vibes n' Vinyl" 88.1 CKLN), Alvaro Gonzales (4nmusic, D4C) and Ali Black (RnB).

to all those who expressed interest and to those who went through the trouble of getting demos to me... THANK YOU very much.

just want to add that i wish i could have included everyone but unfortunately there are only so many spots to go around. hopefully we'll be able to work together in the near future.

fyi...

here's the final roster - 40 djs!: (i'll post the actual schedule up soon.)

Phantasm,Slaps & Hammers (nocturnalmagazine.net)
Nathan Barato & Carlos Fuerte (Viva la Musica)
Stephen Byfield (Rude)
Dino & Terry (Crash Records)
Rod G., Hali & Gerald (poundhouse.ca)
Richard Brooks (JFU, Chordurouy Music)
Mike Klaps (Blueprint)
John Kumahara (Uproc)
Shingo (The Right Tempo)
Ali Black (RnB)
Christian Newhook (Pantiki Sound System)
jojoflores (therapy, gotsoul)
Gene King & Ray Prasad ("Vibes n' Vinyl" 88.1 CKLN)
Tricky Moreira ("This House" FLOW 93.5)
Dale Arsenault
Paul E. Lopes (Virgin, Whatnaut)
Mike Sitchon (Leisure) & Steve Yanko (Leisure, The Voices)
Marco Marquez & Martino ("The Program" GGN 100.7, Gemma Records)
Jason Palma (Movement)
Stuart Li (Renegade Jazz)
Benjamin Boles (Now Magazine)
Peter Bosco (garagehousemusic.com)
Peter & Tyrone (83 West, Camouflage)
Alvaro Gonzales (4nmusic, D4C)
Marc de Breyne (Play Records)
Angel & Cullen (LifeSizeMusic, Element)
Groove Institute (Solid Garage, Elevation)
Cody & Voltaire (Bang On!, Soundation)

dan
www.b9productions.com

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
The Phat Conductor vs Tic-Tac - Downtempo Mix

This is a Downtempo/Trip Hop mix Tim and I did the other day, a window into our living room…

http://www.thephatconductor.com/torontobreaks3.ram

http://www.thephatconductor.com/ThePhatConductorVsTicTac-DowntempoMix.mp3

1 Depth Charge – Intro
2 The Psychonauts – Mo’ Wax Megamix Side B
3 Tim “Love” Lee – Zilla
4 Mr. Scruff – Travelogue
5 DJ Food – Cosmic Jam
6 Nine Lazy Nine – The Train
7 Tim “Love” Lee – Twilight Reservation
8 Pepe Deluxe – Woman In Blue Remix
9 Organic Audio – Local Groove Grocer
10 Easylife Natural –Keeps The Mind Active (Gabor Deutsch Mix)
11 Ikon – Indulgence
12 Fila Brazillia – Slow Light
13 Terra Martino – Physical Language

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
I know it's a little late, but I figured you guys might enjoy some chill, jazzy tunes to rock out to on a summer afternoon...

That lineup is awesome! I can't wait to go.

Cheers,
D

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
details will be up soon...

there will be a limited guestlist for each day of this 10 day series (we'll be sending out an advance detailed notice about the series, including the detailed schedule, to those on our mailing list so, if you're not already on it, get on it today at rsvp@b9productions.com or at www.b9productions.com - be the first to know and in turn you'll also get first crack at guestlist priveledges. )

d

p.s. just wanted to add that i received some great demos from great talent right here on this board. Bill, Lee, Crystal and others... great stuff. props to you!

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
^^ thanks for the support (ahem).

anywho... everything is set and press releases, promo materials are being completed. looking forward to it... should be alot of fun.

stay tuned.

d

TRO

TRIBE Member
hey danny forget about him...

thanks for the kind words and I'm looking foward to attending to that...but one thing...

CAN'T YOU PULL OFF SOMETHING AND GET LIKE M.A.W. there? even kenny or louie individually...come on if lastman can get the stones surly you can get those crazy cats:p

-Bill

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
lol

kenny or louie? ha ha

believe me... if i could pull together that kind of $$ i would, but right now it would be prohibitive cost-wise. i'm sure you are well aware of the astronomical booking fees big name djs charge.

... but then again...you never know.

d

Last edited:

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dany Vieira
^^ thanks for the support (ahem).
Support for what? That list of dj's could have been pulled off the wall from the same kind of event from 5 years ago. How can you expect to attract new and old faces if you are using the same dj's that play all the time? You obviously didn't do very much work compiling that list and I'm pretty disappointed. That's what I assumed your post on this board was all about. I love house music outdoors but I also like variety in my djs. I don't see any variety on that list.

Despite what your best friend DJ Kneepads had to say about me, you should pay attention to what your possible clientele is saying.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
fleaflo... point taken. unfortunately, people are going to be dissapointed regardless of what type of lineup is put together. you can't please everyone. also, i resent your remark about how much work has been put into this series and the selection of the lineup... please don't speculate. there are many factors that had to be considered when selections were made. on the other hand you and everyone else is entitled to their individual preferences right?

a point can also be made for the DJs in the lineup as being DJs that people DO want to hear. maybe that's the reason they are DJs that play all the time and have been doing so for some time?

as for your opinion and the opinion of others, ALL are always taken into equal consideration. the bottom line: events are for the enjoyment of the people who attend them.

d

Last edited: