• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nov 16 - FRANKIE KNUCKLES - 4 Hour Set @ RYZE aka old Moskito

T_Dot_House

TRIBE Member
Alongside local DJs: MARK FALCO & TRICKY MOREIRA

Who else is going? I can't wait to hear him rock that system!

Last edited:

T_Dot_House

TRIBE Member
He rocked it the last two years at Green Space On Church at Pride. Here's his recent Boiler Room mix.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/platform/frankie-knuckles-60-minute-set[/SOUNDCLOUD]

erika

TRIBE Member
ooh I might want to check this out: big Frankie fan, and cautiously optimistic that the revamped joint is better than the Moskito incarnation.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
they called the new place RYZE? sounds really dated

but I'll go for Frankie, saw him in Chicago this summer and he KILLED

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Glad they've specified that it's a 4hr set. Went to see Zabiela a few weeks ago and I was pissed that he barely got 2hrs (but with 4 locals on the bill I shouldn't have been surprised).

erika

TRIBE Member
Hold on, the place used to be called Moskito and now it's called Ryze?

Well that's embarrassing.
Yes that name is ghastly and should be written in those pseudo goth letters that look a bit like lightning bolts.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they are being ironic..

octo

TRIBE Member
didn't 23 hop used to be called The Rise?

maybe it's a reference to that?

so what's ricky ricardos? zepherin saint is booked there on the 23rd. and it's the same address as Ryze. is ryze upstairs and ricky ricardo's downstairs?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

erika

TRIBE Member
There is a downstairs that used to be called Bites or something like that. So octo that's probably what it is.

And... I just got my tickets for Frankie - Erika is a happy girl :)

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
i'm not going to this, but just wanted to throw my hat in there and say I was @ Dubfire over the weekend and that system is pretty fucking heavy. haven't heard sound like that in quite a while.

it'll be a great night me thinks.