• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nottawa Senators 2005-2006 thread

kuba

TRIBE Member
This is JP Dumont: a REAL hockey player:

this is your team. Gutless. Spineless.

This was supposed to be your saviour:

Instead, this is what you'll be doing come saturday:

eat it, bitches. no matter how many 8-0 games you win in the regular season, there's a dark cloud over your "team" in the playoffs. You can't win, when it counts. You never will. Go find yourself another team to cheer for. What's that sound? Oh yah- the window of opportunity slamming shut.

2canplay

TRIBE Member
MissBlu said:
Na na na na, na na na na, hey, hey, goodbye!

They're choking in the playoffs again!
There's something disturbing about Leaf fans criticizing a team which chokes in the playoffs. I'm no fan of either team...just saying.

Oh, and another thing....it's:

Na na na na, na na na na, WAAA-AAA-VE, goodbye!

At least get your taunts right...jeez.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Don't forget, the Leafs won a Stanley Cup like 70 years ago! Back when games were broadcast in black and white. Leaf Fans.. pfft...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Lurker

TRIBE Member
While I like the style of hockey the Sens play, they do have a curse to overcome (and they're not gonna do it this year).

I can't really say that the Leafs have fared much better in recent years, even though they've beaten the Sens in the playofs a few times.

I just don't understand the militant hatred of the Sens, especially by Leaf fans whose team didn't even make the playoffs.

I'm not really a fan of any team (though I do like the Sens style, when they play well). I'm a fan of hockey that's just gotten back into following it and I really like the new style of game. Its fast and fun.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the Sens in the off season, if anything.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
2canplay said:
There's something disturbing about Leaf fans criticizing a team which chokes in the playoffs. I'm no fan of either team...just saying.

Oh, and another thing....it's:

Na na na na, na na na na, WAAA-AAA-VE, goodbye!

At least get your taunts right...jeez.
Somehow I am not surprised that I got my taunt wrong... I have a habit of making up my own lyrics... :eek:

I am not really criticizing the Sens, its a pattern each year. They kick some serious ass all season, and then they choke...

The Leafs fans have already taken their slack. We know we didnt make it this year.

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
I just don't understand the militant hatred of the Sens, especially by Leaf fans whose team didn't even make the playoffs.

You gotta be kidding me...Ottawa fans and media have been smug and enjoyed shitting on Toronto all season.

Schadenfreude mf'z.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
I think there might be different versions. The chant at English footy games anytime a team threatened with relegation to a lower division was involved was the "waaaa-aaa-ve goodbye" version.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
KickIT said:
Don't forget, the Leafs won a Stanley Cup like 70 years ago! Back when games were broadcast in black and white. Leaf Fans.. pfft...
1927 was the last time the Sens won the cup so I don't get this argument?

And well deserved Schadenfraude indeed.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Gizmo said:
I think there might be different versions. The chant at English footy games anytime a team threatened with relegation to a lower divisoin was involved was the "waaaa-aaa-ve goodbye" version.
It's lyrics from a song though and which is called nanaheyhey?

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Yup, that's the one. people just adapted the song to their needs I guess.

The biggest bastard example probably being the adaption of "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" from the Life of Brian.

In 1958, the plane crashed on an icy runway in Munich killing the whole team except 2 players and the manager.

So sometimes opposing fans of Man Utd, sing "Always Look on the Runway For Ice da-dum, da-dum, da-dum, da-dum"

Zorro

TRIBE Member
As a Leaf fan it's not the Senators themselves I think I so much dislike but the Fans of the Senators there buy forcing me to root for everything and anyone to kick the Senators butt.

It Should also be pointed out the Senators have only been back for what 10-12 years? Either way the majority was rooting for the Leafs or Habs before then so perhaps there hatered comes from turning there back on a team that fairs better then them every year in the playoffs or the New York Yankees of Hockey the Montreal Canadians.

At least when we played Detroit every year in the playoffs and beat them their fans were knowledgable and respectful not just bitter.

And hey wasn't Brian Murry the Head Coach of the Wings teams in the early 90's all that offensive and not a Stanley Cup to show for it, Wow deja vu.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Hal-9000 said:
You gotta be kidding me...Ottawa fans and media have been smug and enjoyed shitting on Toronto all season.

Schadenfreude mf'z.
Fair enough. I haven't really been following the Ottawa media at all either.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

johnc

TRIBE Member
true dat

those that live by the sword, die by it.
there will be some retooling to try and get rid of some of this baggage.
2/3 of Alfredsson, Chara & Redden will be gone next season.

FC St. Pauli

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
1927 was the last time the Sens won the cup so I don't get this argument?

And well deserved Schadenfraude indeed.
The team currently called the Ottawa Senators has won 0 cups. They took the name of an earlier completely unrelated organization to honour the tradition of Ottawa hockey. That is commendable but it does not allow them to include the former organization's accomplishments with their own.

The Toronto Blueshirts' cup is not included among the cups the Maple Leafs have won. Similarily, the current Toronto Marlies team has won absolutely nothing despite being named after a team with many championships to its credit.

re: the Schadenfreude

genau mein suesser suesser freund, genau

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
johnc said:
Though they have a lot of fire power, it'll be hard for them to stay at the top of the league with 2 of 3 gone. Of the 3 they HAVE to keep Chara. Alfie is one of those who doesn't show up in the playoffs and you need a new captain (Heatly) so he must go. That leaves us with Redden and Chara and that's an easy choice, unless money comes into play. I would also get rid of Havlat, Neil, and find a real goalie, Hasek is unreliable in terms of health.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
KickIT said:
and when, pray tell, did nottawa last win?
1919?
70 years? your logic is flawed. more like 40.
AND
nobody was giving it to the rangers and red sox, were they?

face it; your team sucks.

kuba

TRIBE Member
johnc said:
and like i said
window of opportunity?
closed shut like the vault in a bank
your team sucks.
how in fucks name can you NOT make the finals?
remember that spineless prick alfredsson when he made his prediction a few years back, that they will win a cup?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH deep-set-eye-mofo, you suck!

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
maaaybe because of the small penis syndrom in general of the ottawa fans always crying and bitching that the CBC dont show their games nationally instead of the leafs/montreal... that and the constant shit talking they do for pretty much no reason.

or maybe because before the sens were good, they were a chippy dirty team, and hacked out an eyeball of a leafs player, and destroyed 2 or 3 knees with dirty hits...

naaaaaa, cant be any of those reasons....

Lurker

TRIBE Member
lol @ this thread.

The Sens and the Leafs both suck equally, one just happenned to make it past the first round in the playoffs only to get their asses handed to them by a low-scoring team that is on a tear right now. Miller is playing amazing hockey in goal for the Sabres.

Ottawa is getting the shots, but they just can't finish. Different story than the regular season (first half especially) but here they go playing like a bad Jr A team when it counts.

Kodiak: I never really followed hockey much when the Sens were a new team, like I said before I'm only just getting back into it. Dirty team? Maybe they were. They don't seem too dirty now, but most teams don't given the new rules which I think have improved the game a lot.

You now see a team really get hurt for taking a few bad penalties.