1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

nononoyeahyeahyeahs

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by R4V4G3D_SKU11S, Aug 30, 2003.

1. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I wanted to go.

I actually ended up going - it was after the show was over. In a drunken stupor, as I was walking back to the house party I was at, I passed the OH. I decided to see if I could walk in as people were filing out. Surprisingly enough no one stopped me, so I decided to go with it. After a quick pitstop at the washroom I made my way to the stage and did my best "I'm with band" act and got downstairs/backstage. Had a gratis beer that some dude got for me and chatted with Karen O then made my way back to the house party.

Pretty funny experience but I wish I'd seen the show - word on the street was they rocked it.

I know a bunch of Tribers were there I didn't see anyone though. How was it?

2. juice

juice TRIBE Member

Haha I had a similar story. An art party earlier on that turned out to have free booze did us in, oh did it ever. Also a series of bad cell phones messages about extra tickets and meeting times and places that never worked out for one reason or another. Fuck ... I have a feeling that I missed something special tonight.

3. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

Ha! Go Kevin! :)

4. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

you did

review later after I collect my many thoughts

5. juice

juice TRIBE Member

So what's the story?

6. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

well...to keep it short and to the point she basically made all the guys fall in love with her and all the girls want to be her...they tore it up pretty loud on friday!!...it was the type of show that inspires you to do more with yourself...

Karen O will in a very short time become iconic, haven't seen a stage presence like that a long time!

too many key moments to single out for you, but they played every song with passion and ferocity that left everybody(especially those in the front) with their jaws open...I hope they come back soon and do it up again!

for me, someone who appreciates ALL forms of creatively driven music, THIS was the best show ive been to in some time...that includes the best hip hop shows, dj sets,live sets, rock bands etc...they owned every mutherfucker in the place!