• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

noise laws and construction

why not

TRIBE Member
so for the past 6 months, there's been sporadic construction within 10 feet of my house, related to an upcoming condo.
some of the things they do shake the whole house, and they start at 7am (i usually go to bed at 6am).
tonight, they started up at 4am (i just got home).
i can feel my feet vibrating, as if there were a dance club below me, except a dance club that played experimental noise music.

can i phone in a noise complaint?
i mean, if people can get parties shut down for noise at this time of the night, can't i get this shut down?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
why not said:
can i phone in a noise complaint?
i mean, if people can get parties shut down for noise at this time of the night, can't i get this shut down?

Yes. I work for a construction company and we have been shut down on numerous occasion for noise complaints. 7am to 7pm is normaly noisey hours where you can't do squat.

It has to be "excessive" noise. Whatever that is.

dg0425

TRIBE Member
We've called the cops due to construction noise starting at 6:30AM and they actually came and did their thing.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

bblutoo

TRIBE Member
typically no work is permitted on sundays unless it's an emergency (water main break, etc.) if you hear or see anything, definitely call that bitch in..

why not

TRIBE Member
well, it did have something to do with the water - they left a notice a couple days ago saying that the water would be turned off from midnight until 8am.

if it's the city doing the construction, can you still call the cops?