• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

Fuuuuuuuckkk. This is some real ass shit. Hopefully it's a tight turn into something better for you.
shitty deal man - hope you find something good sooN!
Thanks guys, I'm actually probably not in a bad position. I could see this coming - automotive is getting badly hit with supply chain disruptions and a shrinking economy, but they've given me a severance package and a guy to help me find my next career. I'm sad, but not bitter.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Toronto is a disaster. Absent municipal leadership. They've all given up and are just collecting their paychecks until the next election, when the bullshit will start all over again.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
signal-2021-09-27-183705.jpg

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Had my first SSD crash. A Samsung M.2 1tb 979evo. Absolutely unusable. It was the boot drive too. What a nightmare time waste loading everything back onto a new drive.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Had my first SSD crash. A Samsung M.2 1tb 979evo. Absolutely unusable. It was the boot drive too. What a nightmare time waste loading everything back onto a new drive.

Ouch. Ya backups are nice but you know with a lot of your desktop linked to your Microsoft login now, i find the wipe/reinstall process less painful. After switching to a password manager - also big help on rewipes since i know all my core account/software user/passes

I think i can wipe and reinstall most things inside 4 hours now thanks to this context!

But ya i keep everything but games off my core drive now, so i hardly lose anything: games reinstall easy enough and desktop/documents just come back from the cloud when i login!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Gonna have to do this soon enough, windows 10 not completing the latest significant windows 10 updates

Gonna need an image with the october release and start from scratch on the latest to catch up

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch. Ya backups are nice but you know with a lot of your desktop linked to your Microsoft login now, i find the wipe/reinstall process less painful. After switching to a password manager - also big help on rewipes since i know all my core account/software user/passes

I think i can wipe and reinstall most things inside 4 hours now thanks to this context!

But ya i keep everything but games off my core drive now, so i hardly lose anything: games reinstall easy enough and desktop/documents just come back from the cloud when i login!
I am so concerned about storage safety, especially when digitizing these old negatives and slides. They are our legacy and past and I want to preserve this forever. I am in discussions now with the National Gallery curator about this very thing.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I am so concerned about storage safety, especially when digitizing these old negatives and slides. They are our legacy and past and I want to preserve this forever. I am in discussions now with the National Gallery curator about this very thing.
All critical stuff - video/music collection, photographs going back years, I keep that on a NAS box with a JBOD RAID array

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
So, apparently the draft for the Vietnam War was done lottery style based on your birthdate and if you were selected in the first 120 there was a good chance you would've been sent to war. Would you have been drafted?

Vietnam Draft Birthdays

I'm number 56 :eek:

1969 | Vietnam War Draft Lottery
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called.

Woo! No Vietnam flashbacks!