• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

Okay, gotta vent here.

Brother lives in the U.S., has six kids. Her side wants to go see her father and brother in Arizona for 4th of July. Bro expresses reservations, but goes with it, probably against his better judgment and probably because he's outnumbered familywise.

Flash forward to today - father in law had symptoms (but kept it to himself until after the visit) is 70 and a smoker, brother in law had a bedbug infestation at his home, only discovers after everyone staying over wakes up with bites all over their body - family brought back bedbugs after the 4th holiday. Father in law will not get tested, will only do a self test (which I doubt he'll be able to do - who wants a q-tip up their nose to the point where you're nearly tickling the brain? I sure as fuck know I can't do that). Brother in law - pretty sure he's a Fox News acolyte - has posted in the past COVID conspiracy theories and is trying to play the stats game of "it's not so bad" and completely part of the "masks are bullshit" crowd.

Plot twist - one of the kids had a bout with leukemia about a decade ago.

I'm fucking livid.

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Okay, gotta vent here.

Brother lives in the U.S., has six kids. Her side wants to go see her father and brother in Arizona for 4th of July. Bro expresses reservations, but goes with it, probably against his better judgment and probably because he's outnumbered familywise.

Flash forward to today - father in law had symptoms (but kept it to himself until after the visit) is 70 and a smoker, brother in law had a bedbug infestation at his home, only discovers after everyone staying over wakes up with bites all over their body - family brought back bedbugs after the 4th holiday. Father in law will not get tested, will only do a self test (which I doubt he'll be able to do - who wants a q-tip up their nose to the point where you're nearly tickling the brain? I sure as fuck know I can't do that). Brother in law - pretty sure he's a Fox News acolyte - has posted in the past COVID conspiracy theories and is trying to play the stats game of "it's not so bad" and completely part of the "masks are bullshit" crowd.

Plot twist - one of the kids had a bout with leukemia about a decade ago.

I'm fucking livid.
People are the best.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I went to Frescos in the market today for a fish and chips, the first one there since February. I gorfed it down on the patio in the sun. Fuck was it ever good. I spoke to the owner, Michael, about the new world. I told him that I never ordered takeout because I think certain street foods like fish & chips don't travel well. You really have to eat them where they are made, right after they are made, for the full impact, as is the case with his magnificent fish & chips.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories