• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

Seeing the comments section of any Canadian News publication has been hilarious today - Trudeau's passing of assault weapons ban, and every American feels the need to both give their input on our decision, and, go into hysterics when called out on their own failure in the arena of gun control or mocked outright.

Seriously, they think this ban is about them. I've seen "THEY'RE COMING FOR OUR GUNS NEXT" more than a handful of times. o_O

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Just announced today. My most anticipated event for 2020 rescheduled until September 2021. Damn you COVID-19!!!

Get a refund or try to get tickets next year?

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
How the influence industry has replaced politics, from Brexit to Donald Trump to COVID-19
Conservative populists in Britain and the United States have enjoyed victory after victory in recent years, so much so that right-wing ideas have pervaded the political landscape and shifted the benchmarks of public opinion. How that plays out in the big debates of the 2020s has yet to be determined, but the story of a notorious spin doctor from the last generation – as told by directors Richard Poplak and Diana Neille in a new documentary – offers compelling context.
In Influence, the business of disinformation is personified by Lord Timothy Bell, a British advertising executive who went on to help elect Margaret Thatcher. Her brand of political success, and those that followed, set up conditions for today’s right-wing populist victories such as Brexit and the rise of Donald Trump. Not only did Bell change conservatism, he allowed it to thrive and advised various leaders (including vicious despots) on how to master it.
Bell’s rise, Poplak and Neille write, coincided with advancements in behavioural science, with a focus on the actions of the herd, not individuals within it.
Read the full essay from the directors of Influence here.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Took apart the old database server to get it out of the basement because it was too heavy to get up the narrow stairs in one piece. This was the dual Opteron database server that powered this board for well over a decade of peak rave period. What I wanted was too expensive to buy from IBM or DELL, so I built it myself. The SCSI raid card alone cost nearly $2000! On eBay today the card sells for $20. Four 15K RPM SCSI Drives, 3 power supplies for redundancy, a massive Supermicro box that had a wall of fans at the front and also back.

It sounded like the batmobile but in a rack in a server room she could blend.

Kinda sad, but I don't miss managing my own iron. RIP database server.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Took apart the old database server to get it out of the basement because it was too heavy to get up the narrow stairs in one piece. This was the dual Opteron database server that powered this board for well over a decade of peak rave period. What I wanted was too expensive to buy from IBM or DELL, so I built it myself. The SCSI raid card alone cost nearly $2000! On eBay today the card sells for $20. Four 15K RPM SCSI Drives, 3 power supplies for redundancy, a massive Supermicro box that had a wall of fans at the front and also back.

It sounded like the batmobile but in a rack in a server room she could blend.

Kinda sad, but I don't miss managing my own iron. RIP database server.
Thanks for your service!!!! ;)