• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Going with the S10+. By far, Bell's best phone for me for $0 down on my 2 year plan.
Not waiting for the Pixel 4 XL...alleged specs still don't come close.
How are you likely the S10+? I just got the Pixel 3XL, it's a little big but I am hoping I'll get used to it. I decided against the Pixel 4/XL because of the small battery and lack of fingerprint unlock. Face unlock sounds like a good idea, but most apps don't support it yet. Was also thinking about the S10/e/+ but I like timely updates and trying new features.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
How are you likely the S10+? I just got the Pixel 3XL, it's a little big but I am hoping I'll get used to it. I decided against the Pixel 4/XL because of the small battery and lack of fingerprint unlock. Face unlock sounds like a good idea, but most apps don't support it yet. Was also thinking about the S10/e/+ but I like timely updates and trying new features.
Good idea axing the Pixel 4. Both of them aren't worth leaving your Pixel3xl.
S10 plus is a pretty fantastic phone, and i'm really not that techy.
Beautiful display, great sound, sick camera(s), lots of power, and a beast of a battery.
and Bixby can fuck right off !

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Good idea axing the Pixel 4. Both of them aren't worth leaving your Pixel3xl.
S10 plus is a pretty fantastic phone, and i'm really not that techy.
Beautiful display, great sound, sick camera(s), lots of power, and a beast of a battery.
and Bixby can fuck right off !
Option: Re-map/reassign the Bixby button to launch something else...

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
My hip got fucked from partying during the first waves of dance music, the disco era mostly, but then all that pogo-ing during my New Wave new wave period probably made it worse. Then there was the leaping off stages at the Dose and Destiny parties with 30 lbs of camera gear and navigating thick crowds in the rave era, weighted down with camera gear, while simultaneously dancing. Anyway, I guess I am the canary in the coal mine. In ten years time or so, I bet a lot of ravers will be in for hip and knee replacements. The damage quietly accumulates over time and then whacks you suddenly.

Last edited:

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Had hip replacement on Monday. Walking around my place and climbing stairs between floors without cane or walker and it's only Saturday. Totally amazed. Some incision pain, but the bone grinding together pain that has hurt me for the last 5 years is gone. Liberating!
This is fantastic news. So happy for you Alex. My hip and knee pain are chronic. It’s just something I’m trying to deal with until they give me the go-ahead for a replacement, which is likely a couple of years away.

You’re so right about the cumulative damage over the years. Nobody gets it, until they get it.

Enjoy the pain-free mobility, amigo!

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Tourists took a cruise-ship to a volcano. They climbed up and in. It erupted. They were injured or killed.

There is no sadness here. I don’t see tragedy. I do, however, foresee multiple Darwin Awards.

Mind your manners, humans. Lol!

The Kid

TRIBE Member
My hip got fucked from partying during the first waves of dance music, the disco era mostly, but then all that pogo-ing during my New Wave new wave period probably made it worse. Then there was the leaping off stages at the Dose and Destiny parties with 30 lbs of camera gear and navigating thick crowds in the rave era, weighted down with camera gear, while simultaneously dancing. Anyway, I guess I am the canary in the coal mine. In ten years time or so, I bet a lot of ravers will be in for hip and knee replacements. The damage quietly accumulates over time and then whacks you suddenly.
Years of skateboarding and playing football (soccer) have my knees and ankles shot to hell. Getting old blows lol

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Ken Shaw is retiring on CTV news and it was just announced Nathan Downer is his replacement starting on Tuesday. I'm not happy with who they picked as the new anchorman. When Nathan's name was announced, this was immediately my first thoughts. The video below.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Ken Shaw is retiring on CTV news and it was just announced Nathan Downer is his replacement starting on Tuesday. I'm not happy with who they picked as the new anchorman. When Nathan's name was announced, this was immediately my first thoughts. The video below.

They should have just sat a big Labrador at the newsdesk and run text underneath to replace Ken Shaw.

Last edited: