• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Everton Simpson squints at the Caribbean from his motorboat, scanning the dazzling bands of colour for hints of what lies beneath. Emerald green indicates sandy bottoms. Sapphire blue lies above seagrass meadows. And deep indigo marks coral reefs. That’s where he’s headed.

He steers the boat to an unmarked spot that he knows as the “coral nursery.”

”It’s like a forest under the sea,“ he says. He swims down 25 feet carrying a pair of metal shears, fishing line and a plastic crate.

On the ocean floor, small coral fragments dangle from suspended ropes, like socks hung on a laundry line. Simpson and other divers tend to this underwater nursery as gardeners mind a flower bed – slowly and painstakingly plucking off snails and fireworms that feast on immature coral.

When each stub grows to about the size of a human hand, Simpson collects them in his crate to individually “transplant” onto a reef, a process akin to planting each blade of grass in a lawn separately.

formerly

e-bikes: can they ride down a bike lane, then turn left with the traffic light inside the pedestrian area, i.e along with the walking pedestrians, prior to crossing traffic?

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Just witnessed a guy ride off after stealing a bike that was attached to a kiddie hauler/trailer out in front of the Cherry Street YMCA. The mother wasn't able to catch him, and her two little kids were crying! :(

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
Navigating the site on my mobile is damn near impossible without wanting to throw my phone across the room.

This is an ask for change. Please enable a way to jump to the last post of a thread.