1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by daddyiwantchocolate, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

2. Bernnie Federko

Police lay more charges in St. Michael’s assault investigations

Toronto Police have laid new charges in connection alleged assaults and sexual assaults at St. Michael’s College School this fall.

Six students had previously been charged with assault, gang sexual assault and sexual assault with a weapon in connection to a November incident that was captured on video. Four of those students, plus one more, were charged today in an alleged sexual assault believed to have taken place in October. Two of those previously charged are also accused of assault and assault with a weapon in a third incident that allegedly took place in September.

Investigations into five other incidents were closed with no charges laid. No further charges are expected.

The alleged incidents have shaken the prestigious all-boys school, leading to the resignation of its president and principal, an independent review of its culture and the cancellation of some of its sports teams' seasons.

3. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Merry Christmas Tribers. Back on the 26th...drunk, from the Maruk Clan Messtivus.

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  4. Met a dude a few months ago, first name: Akira.

He told me later on in his life, he really learned to love his name after the anime first came out. Now, he said, it's like being named Blade Runner or having some ridiculous Steven Segal character name (Mason Storm).

5. Bernnie Federko

Every time I hear Shawn Mendes' name I think Sean Desman

6. rave jedi

rave jedi TRIBE Member

^ Too funny. For the longest time, I thought they were one and the same as well because both of them were local artists that got famous.

7. Bernnie Federko

TOP 10 NEWSMAKERS OF 2018

Call Me Mueller

It was hard to ignore Robert Mueller in 2018. The FBI’s special counsel is investigatingwhether President Donald Trump (and anyone from his team) worked with Russia to help sway the 2016 U.S. election. Spoiler alert: getting foreign help for an election is illegal. During his investigation (which is still ongoing), Mueller discovered that Russia had some ties to Trump and his allies, which could end up being a bfd. At least 33 people and three companies have been charged so far, including Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and his former lawyer and fixer, Michael Cohen.

Facebook's Never-Ending Scandal
    Facebook had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad year. It all started in March, when whistleblower Christopher Wylie, a former employee of data mining company Cambridge Analytica, revealed that personal info of millions of Facebook users was taken without consent in 2014. In total, 87 million Facebook users were targeted. The news launched investigation after investigation into what the heck is really going on at Facebook, resulting in the discovery that the social network gave dozens of device makers access to user data, and even let some companies like Netflix read your DMs.

Rohingya Crisis
    700,000 Rohingya Muslims have fled Myanmar due to brutal violence by the country’s military. Earlier this year, the UN called the attacks in Myanmar “ethnic cleansing.” Aung San Suu Kyi, Myanmar’s leader and a Nobel Peace Prize recipient, was criticized for her silence and indifference on the treatment of the Rohingya people. She was stripped of Amnesty International’s prestigious human rights award and her honourary Canadian citizenship.

Weed The North

In October, Canada became just the second country in the world to go green. One of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s election promises was to decriminalize cannabis. In 2018, he did just that. Under the Cannabis Act, each province and territory got to set their own rules to sell, buy, and consume weed. But the new law didn’t come without conflict and confusion. Cannabis stores ran out of weed, and each province is still working out the details of when to open physical stores and how to sell edibles.

Brett Kavanaugh Vs Everybody
    Trump’s nomination to the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh, took over headlines in September. For all the wrong reasons. Sexual assault allegations surfacedagainst him, most notably from Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who testified that a drunk Kavanaugh tried to rape her at a party back in high school. Kavanaugh passionately denied the claims. Republicans sided with Kavanaugh and Democrats tried to have him removed as a nominee. Ultimately, Kavanaugh was voted in.

Humboldt Strong
    The Humboldt Broncos bus crash was a national heartbreak. In April, a semi-truck collided with a bus carrying Saskatchewan’s Humboldt Broncos junior hockey team on its way to a playoff game. 16 people, including 10 players and the head coach, were killed in the accident, and 13 others were injured. A GoFundMe page raised more than $15.1-million to support victims of the crash and their families.

The Fallen Journalist
    2018 was a grim year for journalists. In October, Jamal Khashoggi, a Washington Postcolumnist known for his sharp critique of the Saudi Arabian royal family, was murdered and dismembered at the Saudi consulate in Turkey. Saudi officials changed their story numerous times before admitting that there was a premeditated plan to kill the journalist. It’s widely believed that Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman knew about the plot and even ordered it.

Trade Tensions
    Canada, Mexico, and the U.S. spent the better part of the year trying to negotiate a new trade deal. In November, USMCA – the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement – was finally signed. It will replace NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement. One major sticking point is the taxes on Canadian-made steel and aluminum. Canada is fighting to remove these taxes before USMCA comes into full force.

Scaling The Mountain
    It was supposed to be a victory for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, but the battle for the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion has been anything but. The pipeline built by Kinder Morgan was supposed to triple oil flow between Alberta and British Columbia. But it was plagued with too many political and environmental issues. After a lengthy process, Kinder Morgan pulled out, leaving the government to foot the bill. It didn’t matter, anyway. In August, a court decision said the government didn’t properly consult First Nations groups and put the project on hold indefinitely. The government is now redoing its review.

Close To Home
    In April, Canadians learned about the Incel community after 25-year-old Alex Minassianpurposely drove a rented van onto a Toronto sidewalk, killed 10 people, and injured 16. Minassian was part of what’s known as the Incel community, a misogynist online community of angry involuntarily celibate men. Minassian was charged with 10 counts of murder. A few months later, the Toronto neighbourhood of Danforth was shaken when 29-year-old Faisal Hussain shot and killed two people and injured 13.

[​IMG]

GOOD NEWS

Life In Plastic, Not Fantastic
    2018 was marked by an all-out ban on plastic. With the stuff littering our streets, landfills, coastlines, and oceans (see: the Great Pacific Garbage Patch), countries around the world, including Canada, started reducing single-use plastics (think straws and plastic bags).

King James
    Moving to L.A. this year wasn’t the only thing LeBron James did to make heads turn. The LeBron James Family Foundation and Akron Public Schools teamed up to launch the I Promise School in James’ hometown of Akron, Ohio. 240 third and fourth graders will get hands-on learning, after-school programs, and a full scholarship at the school.

First Things First: Mid-Term Edition
    The U.S. mid-term elections made history. Billed the “Year of the Woman,” a historic 262 women ran for seats in Congress. Two Native American women became the first to get seats, while two 29-year-olds became the youngest women to ever get elected. In more firsts, Congress witnessed its first Muslim women take up seats. And the changes didn’t end there: voters in Colorado elected the country’s first openly gay governor.

WATCH LISTEN READ
    [​IMG]

Started From The Bottom
    It was a helluva year for leading lady Ariana Grande. In 2018, we learned that she’s not just full of pop hits, she’s also resilient af. After the death of her ex-boyfriend, Mac Miller, and a broken engagement with Pete Davidson, Grande kept breathin’ and went on to have one of the most successful years of her life. She released a new album, docu-series, and started a world tour. As if that's not enough, she was also named Billboard’sWoman of the Year. Because who else, really?

The 6 God had a pretty good year too. With 8.2 billion streams of his songs, Drake topped Spotify and Apple’s list of most streamed artists in the world. Ever. The Canadian rapper was named Billboard’s artist of the year, only the second Canadian to ever top the list (Alanis Morissette had the honour in 1996).

A Horse And A Chariot
    It was the weddingof the year. After allegedly getting set up on a date in Toronto in 2016, Prince Harry married actress Meghan Markle in St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle in May. You may know Markle as Rachel in the drama series Suits. While the days leading up to the wedding were mixed in family controversy, the wedding day went off without a hitch and the festivities ended in a horse-drawn carriage. In October, the newlyweds announced they’re expecting a baby in the Spring.

In Memoriam
    This year, we mourned the deaths of beloved scientists, chefs, and artists. We said goodbye to designer Kate Spade and chef Anthony Bourdain just a few days within each other. British theoretical physicist and one of the world’s most famous scientists, Stephen Hawking, passed away from ALS. The Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin died at the age of 76. Former President George H. W. Bush died just a few months after his wife, Barbara. We also said goodbye to actor Burt Reynolds, rapper Mac Miller, and Swedish DJ Avicii.
    [​IMG]

8. Bernnie Federko

Got some gin from one of the Ryan's under the Federko tree this Christmas!

Does anybody know where to find fresh juniper berries for G&T's in between martini's?

9. Bernnie Federko

10. Bernnie Federko

There is no Dana. Only Zuul.

11. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

^ twitter account suspended. what did it say ?

12. Bernnie Federko

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  13. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE RAPTORS ADVERTISING AND MANAGEMENT ?

[​IMG]

This was the Toronto Raptors " attempt " to gain votes for Kyle for the All Star Game ?

WHAT THE FUCK ?

Did anyone see the GUN ?

Toronto has achieved the highest gun related deaths this year...FROM EVER.
    Also, they involved an actress who, at the time of this doctored photo, was a minor....and we cannot forget about the teddy bear, Creasy.

14. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I miss you Bernie

15. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

awe. hey welcome back.

16. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

I spent the last two months negotiating the raise I wanted and felt that I deserved. Countless hours of making compelling arguments backed with industry standard numbers from many different sources. Closed door chats with the boss man. I did not give up.
    They gave me a number. It wasn't what I wanted. They gave me a number that, frankly, insulted me a bit. I said no. All i want is fair pay for the job I do. I told my boss he had to fight a bit harder for me.

2 days later; they sit me down. The push a folder piece of paper in front of me. I open it. It's the number I asked for.

Fucking win.

17. Bernnie Federko

It's good to see someone get what they want, best wishes for you and your work on the road ahead.

18. Bernnie Federko

19. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

20. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

21. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  22. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

23. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

24. Bernnie Federko

Boy the Bezos divorce story sure got salacious fast...

25. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Their campaign is "Men of action" so i guess they are showing him as an action movie star here.