• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Well some student in my tenement, who's moving, just tossed a bunch of books and other crap in the garbage across the street. I'm actually working at home here today, and noticed just by glancing out my window. So, go out there, grab them books (and three brand new boxes of Kraft Dinner, and a block of white paper), run the ISBN numbers. 97$ for McGill next Thursday. Quick and easy, I like that. Now, back to work. technics1200

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Suffered a brain injury in Feb, been sufffering from post concussion syndrome since.

been shitty, but spending more time online again now days

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Bacchus, best wishes for full recovery. It takes times, be patient and don't stress over things you can't control.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JamesM

TRIBE Member

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Bacchus, best wishes for full recovery. It takes times, be patient and don't stress over things you can't control.
Thanks man. It's been a little frustrating as my family doctor has waited until 3 months of symptoms before making any referrals and what not.

Only starting physio now.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
My last concussion was 8 years ago and the recovery plateau's were 1/3/6/12/36 and 60 months. And I still have good & not so good moments/days.

There's only so much you can do beyond giving time for the brain to heal/rewire, in addition to stimulating it with puzzles, and reading/relearning how to do things from the ground up.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
My last concussion was 8 years ago and the recovery plateau's were 1/3/6/12/36 and 60 months. And I still have good & not so good moments/days.

There's only so much you can do beyond giving time for the brain to heal/rewire, in addition to stimulating it with puzzles, and reading/relearning how to do things from the ground up.
tell me about it. im an IT systems analyst, and i can't solve analytical problems right now

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I was habitually leaving the water running, keys in the ignition, fumbling with words, and unable to read much more than a news story.

This was good for QA, but not so great for Production Support.

Still have to make lists to stay on top of Daily Life...

I found graphic novels were beneficial

wickedken

TRIBE Member
I was habitually leaving the water running, keys in the ignition, fumbling with words, and unable to read much more than a news story.

This was good for QA, but not so great for Production Support.

Still have to make lists to stay on top of Daily Life...

I found graphic novels were beneficial
Ah operational support... lots of fun that is :) The three worst letters are SLA.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
well, I decided that those Dr. Dre Beats Headphones, in mint condition, that I found in the trash a month ago, would be a great birthday present for my brother.
See, aren't I a good guy? Yes. Yes I am. Me pleased with this idea.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Out of curiosity what was plan B, some second hand university text books?
haha non.
Actually, plan A was to send his this gorgeous large Djembe (tam tam), and awesome Gilbaltrar stand, which I've had since 6 years, and while it's an awesome piece, tonally and decoratively, I don't really have the space for it in my current dwelling. Also, I can't really play on it here, cuz, neighbours...
But this would cost a lot to package and ship.
And so I've been planning on selling some items, including those Beats, then, oh, ok, that would make a great gift. Relatively light, easy to package, worth decent money = good gift. There ya go.

So, nope, those textbooks merely give me the money to buy stuff like that.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
One of those days where I get swept up the moment I sat down to work. Co Op interviews, current Co Op having tech issues, nothing went straight forward, everything was going sideways.

Got some work biz to crush from home after the little duder is down for the night...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
big, loud, live Hip Hop concert right outside my door. They're master-blasting it, right up to 11 PM. As part of Mural Fest.

This must be driving my whiny, noise-sensitive neighbor downstairs absolutely nuts.

I like it.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Gotta hand it to the guy, Brock Turner is starting to take top marks for Most Hated on the Internet. Even more than the Guy Who Raised Drug Prices 5000 Percent. Pretty easy I guess when your Dad and friends are just as twisted as he is.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
he won't be swimming ever again in the States, U.S. Swim just banned him.
He's a marked man wherever he goes. I give him a month on the outside before someone fucks him up.