• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I like how much Martin Shkreli is like a comic book villain. His purchase of that wutang album is being treated like his aids medication price hike.

"Someone should stop him!"

For the aids meds, yes. For RZA's little bside project to get capital for more bad movies, meh.

octo

TRIBE Member
this guy seems like such loser. a loser with money, but still a loser with no friends.

"He hasn’t listened to Once Upon a Time in Shaolin yet. He’s saving that for a time when he’s feeling low and needs something to lift his spirits. “I could be convinced to listen to it earlier if Taylor Swift wants to hear it or something like that,” Shkreli says. “But for now, I think I’m going to kind of save it for a rainy day.”

Pharma?s Bad Boy Exec Paid $2 Million for Wu-Tang Clan?s New Record - Bloomberg Business

if i had that guy's money, i'd set up a killer sound system and invite all my friends to a listening party.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
I like how much Martin Shkreli is like a comic book villain. His purchase of that wutang album is being treated like his aids medication price hike.

"Someone should stop him!"

For the aids meds, yes. For RZA's little bside project to get capital for more bad movies, meh.
Actually, when they found out who bought it, they donated the proceeds to charity.

I was reading that Quentin Tarantino was the likely buyer, which kind of made sense, given his relationship w/ The Rza. I bet he's heard it.

I thought that there was going to be another copy that was going to be donated to the Smithsonian or something, but reports are there's only one copy.

djfear

TRIBE Member
I thought that there was going to be another copy that was going to be donated to the Smithsonian or something, but reports are there's only one copy.
If there was another copy, even a copy that the RZA owned and stashed in some box in the backyard of his home, and word of that leaked out or it was stolen, then it would have opened him up to unbelievable liability, especially if the value of that album went up.

I'm pretty sure that's the only copy and all hard drives containing the master recordings would have been destroyed in order to preserve the authenticity and uniqueness.

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
the best part:

Wu Tang's $2m Album Comes With A Bizarre Clause: The Rap Group ? Or Bill Murray ?Are Entitled To Steal It Back In A Heist | NME.COM

"The buying party also agrees that at any time during the stipulated 88 year period, the seller may legally plan and attempt to execute one (1) heist or caper to steal back Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, which, if successful, would return all ownership rights to the seller. Said heist or caper can only be undertaken by currently active members of the Wu-Tang Clan and/or actor Bill Murray, with no legal repercussions."

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Turning 44 yesterday was ... meh.
Went out to dinner with my gf Rhyss and my daughter Darius, which is always good for a few laughs. My daughter ate BP's slurping spaghetti the only way a child should...

she had me in tears because she's not the most politically correct 7 year old...there isn't an off switch.
invited a bunch of old school folks to my place tomorrow night for a party...more than willing and able to have a bunch sleep over.
most bailed tonight.
so...i'm going to spend the entire last 2 weeks of this year with Family, write off 2015, and bulldoze the fuck out of 2016, armed to the teeth.
Appleton Estates Rum is on sale at the Lickbo, and i'm going to get JamesM drunk tomorrow night watching Aldo win.

djfear

TRIBE Member
Fire consumes eight townhouse units in Brampton | Toronto Star

My family and I used to live in a townhouse like this in Brampton and there was a huge fire that burned 8 homes, maybe 50 metres from our house. The fire spread through the top because the firewall wasn't setup properly when the roofs were redone at some point. They're still paying off approximately a million dollars due to those renovations.

Looks like another set of town homes suffered the same fate. I'm so glad my parents finally sold it this year. Too bad they didn't sell it 20 years ago.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Fire consumes eight townhouse units in Brampton | Toronto Star

My family and I used to live in a townhouse like this in Brampton and there was a huge fire that burned 8 homes, maybe 50 metres from our house. The fire spread through the top because the firewall wasn't setup properly when the roofs were redone at some point. They're still paying off approximately a million dollars due to those renovations.

Looks like another set of town homes suffered the same fate. I'm so glad my parents finally sold it this year. Too bad they didn't sell it 20 years ago.
im not surprised at all

you want cheap housing and to not pay for proper inspectors you get what you pay for

just take a look at the condos in the city

i build new homes in and out of the city and of the degree of what the inspectors ask for or dont wildly varies between jurisdictions and inspectors.

diablo

TRIBE Member
Actually, when they found out who bought it, they donated the proceeds to charity.
Actually, one member (can't remember which) made an offhand comment that they were "going to give most of it to charity". Whether a bunch of past-their-prime rappers are going to take a voluntary pass on their biggest payday in ages because of who's providing it is another matter. I wouldn't hold my breath.

"Hello...Smithsonian? Do you want a sub-par, money-grab gimmick album from a hip-hop group whose best work was 20 years ago? Hello?!?"

If there was another copy, even a copy that the RZA owned and stashed in some box in the backyard of his home, and word of that leaked out or it was stolen, then it would have opened him up to unbelievable liability, especially if the value of that album went up.

I'm pretty sure that's the only copy and all hard drives containing the master recordings would have been destroyed in order to preserve the authenticity and uniqueness.
Unless RZA or whoever released definitive proof that a copy existed, how exactly would the buyer prove it? Order an FBI raid on RZA's house?

[- FuNKtiOn -];4710959 said:
This is the cherry on top of the soft-serve turd that is this entire story. I'm sorry to harp on the issue, but the whole thing is a giant display of hurt for all parties involved. Are the Wu members not getting enough attention or something? This shit reminds me of when Ben Johnson could no longer compete, so he raced against a horse.