• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
having a birthday 3 weeks before new years kinda sucks as there's usually no cool parties around then. i may just throw a house party here and test Hamilton Police response times.

djfear

TRIBE Member
I know 3 people who have birthdays on December 24 & 26. Between work parties, family time, it's a miracle that they manage to celebrate it properly.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
man, this CNN show The Hunting Ground, shocked the fuck out of me.
The blowback is already being felt. Jonathan Veitch, president of Occidental College in Los Angeles, is being asked to resign by protesting students, and they have the support of Faculty professors.
That's just one school.
Massive story.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
It's weird when, for no reason in particular, you remember the name of someone you used to know, a long time ago, like 25 years ago, and you google their name, and the 1st thing that pops up is their obituary.
Someone I used to know passed away in 2009.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Cancer. Bloddy sucks.
eh, hey was, like me, a chain smoker (and wine drinker), so not surprising. And according to the datelines, he lived well into his 70s, so that's not so bad.
But the thing is, as per his obit, is.. "share your thoughts in what you remember about him".
Ok, problem is, I was age 21-22 at the time. It was basically all about Me.

And so, keeping these self-reflexive memories in mind, what do I remember about Dennis?
I remember how we colluded to get into the Phillip Glass afterparty, cuz, well, as a superficial media rep, I had comps to the show, but Dennis, well, Dennis actually knew him. And through a one-two combo, we managed to get a full-meal deal out of this.

I remember how Dennis used to photograph the Stein Valley, Ansil Adams style, and this led me to being an activist environmentalist who took a machete and, along with several other peeps, hacked a pathway through this Stein valley all the way up to the Haida Native reverves, where we spent 3 days hanging around in sweat loges smoken' peace pipes and eatin' bannock and smoked salmon every day. (seriously. peeps have their life *2 do* list, this should be one of them).

+ a bunch of other shit. Good times, Dennis, good times. :):(

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
question.
Adam lives in a building where Dan is the property manager. Adam needs to find a new spot to park his semi, and when on the road with the truck, park his jeep.
Dan asks me ( i'm the first he asked ) and coincidentally, my boss Dave rents some space on property of a metal fabrication shop. i ask Dave if the owner, Bruce, would be interested in making between 100 to 150 a month from Adam for simply letting him park one of his 2 vehicles on the property.
Adam tells Dan, that him and i will split a $100 finders fee if we can lock this down ASAP.
within 24 hours, and many phone calls, i got Dave to get Bruce to allow Adam to agree to the rental @ $150 a month. sweet deal, secure lot, video surveillance.
Dan wants to keep $75 and give me $25, because it was ' his deal '.
he did nothing, and i did all the arrangements...7 phone calls between myself, Dave, and Bruce. i even drove Adam's jeep and he tailed me in his semi to the property to meet the owner, secure the deal, etc.

should Dan keep 75 ?
( realistically, all he did was ask me if i knew a place. i did, and i made it happen. Dan did squat. )
he should consider half the $100 a fucking gift ! IMO

Last edited:

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
question.
Adam lives in a building where Dan is the property manager. Adam needs to find a new spot to park his semi, and when on the road with the truck, park his jeep.
Dan asks me ( i'm the first he asked ) and coincidentally, my boss Dave rents some space on property of a metal fabrication shop. i ask Dave if the owner, Bruce, would be interested in making between 100 to 150 a month from Adam for simply letting him park one of his 2 vehicles on the property.
Adam tells Dan, that him and i will split a $100 finders fee if we can lock this down ASAP.
within 24 hours, and many phone calls, i got Dave to get Bruce to allow Adam to agree to the rental @ $150 a month. sweet deal, secure lot, video surveillance.
Dan wants to keep $75 and give me $25, because it was ' his deal '.
he did nothing, and i did all the arrangements...7 phone calls between myself, Dave, and Bruce. i even drove Adam's jeep and he tailed me in his semi to the property to meet the owner, secure the deal, etc.

should Dan keep 75 ?
( realistically, all he did was ask me if i knew a place. i did, and i made it happen. Dan did squat. )
he should consider half the $100 a fucking gift ! IMO

Adam intended for the money to be equally split between the two of you. Dan has no right to the extra $25. If he wanted that right, then he should've raised that before the deal occurred.
What sort of person compromises their integrity like this for $25?